Snake on a windscreen in the US.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this at work today. I was more angry about the kids that bashed a cyclist with mental issues and let him ride for 90 minutes before he was found with blood coming from his ears. I was most satisfied to hear they were refused bail and up for trial. People that crap themselves at a snake on their windshield on a busy highway and don't pull over because they're scared? Doesn't bother me one bit. I'd have laughed myself silly if it was a spider that fell off my windshield! The horrid little turds that beat another man for pleasure? I find that much more concerning.

Edit: as for the people claiming that these people are terrible for not letting it go on the grass... I fail to see how releasing it onto a patch of grass in the MIDDLE of the highway was going to help the snake at all. Just sayin'.

Last edited:
Good comments but Im not sure exactly how I feel. I guess Ill have to drive at 100 m/h down the highway with them on my windscreen to really make up my mind :)

Good comments but Im not sure exactly how I feel. I guess Ill have to drive at 100 m/h down the highway with them on my windscreen to really make up my mind :)

Don't forget, you'll have to be laughing at them, and videoing the whole thing...

majority of people (uneducated and stupid)

how insulting are you, i am neither UNEDUCATED nor STUPID and i am terrified of snakes

your all going on about poor snake yet ive seen quite a few of you tell other members to kill/poison/trap cats because you dont like them, how the shoe turns when its something YOU like hey?

how about having respect for everyone no matter what the species is they keep or is that asking too much?

for the record though i hate snakes i would never intentional condone cruelty of any kind, maybe they didnt want to stop in case the snake get into the engine bay again ever think of that? to be honest i wouldnt have stopped either just in case or would you rather have seen it torn to shreds in the engine? also even if they did stop and it did slide off the car you seem to forget it was a freeway with traffic on both sides, chances are it would have been hit by a car no matter what they did

how about some of you stop and think before you abuse those of us that dislike snakes, i also seen a post in here recently about people not liking lizards, i didnt see one person abuse any of them for NOT like lizards, in fact every one was supportive

how insulting are you, i am neither UNEDUCATED nor STUPID and i am terrified of snakes

your all going on about poor snake yet ive seen quite a few of you tell other members to kill/poison/trap cats because you dont like them, how the shoe turns when its something YOU like hey?

how about having respect for everyone no matter what the species is they keep or is that asking too much?

for the record though i hate snakes i would never intentional condone cruelty of any kind, maybe they didnt want to stop in case the snake get into the engine bay again ever think of that? to be honest i wouldnt have stopped either just in case or would you rather have seen it torn to shreds in the engine? also even if they did stop and it did slide off the car you seem to forget it was a freeway with traffic on both sides, chances are it would have been hit by a car no matter what they did

how about some of you stop and think before you abuse those of us that dislike snakes, i also seen a post in here recently about people not liking lizards, i didnt see one person abuse any of them for NOT like lizards, in fact every one was supportive

I remember you from "Gunmen blaze away at snakes". I advise you reread my post there and then come back here and apply it to this situation. Mostly I am referring to the hypocrisy you are implying about cats. We here are not saying we dislike people that don't like snakes, we are saying we dislike people that because of their dislike for an animal fail to or go out of their way not to do the right thing by that animal, in most cases being to keep away from it.

In this case I am 99.9repeater percent certain the reason they didn't stop was not fear of the snake going back into the engine block. Further I highly doubt stopping would have caused the snake to do this. I agreed that putting the snake on the grass in the middle of the road would probably have caused the snake to be run over anyhow. However they had 3 minutes, this is easily enough time to have moved to the other side of the road, pulled off on that side and at the least let the snake choose to either go away from or towards the freeway. I am not saying the people needed to go out of their way and pick the animal up but take it to the side it has a chance to get to freedom. What I dislike is these people sitting in the car laughing and videoing taking obvious pleasure from the snakes situation without any care for the well being of the animal at all.

I somewhat agree... Plus this isnt any worse then some random playing hero by chopping a snake in half.

majority of people (uneducated and stupid)

It's a bit different when they're laughing about the whole thing.

FYI, cats are not native to Australia and are breeding like crazy in the wild, threatening our wild life. What else could be done from preventing this from happening??
(p.s. before you flame me about hating cats, I actually love cats, but feral cats are a massive problem that needs to be controlled somehow. And the only reason it is a problem is because of human stupidity).

There is so much I could say... but I couldn't be bothered.

I remember you from "Gunmen blaze away at snakes". I advise you reread my post there and then come back here and apply it to this situation. Mostly I am referring to the hypocrisy you are implying about cats. We here are not saying we dislike people that don't like snakes, we are saying we dislike people that because of their dislike for an animal fail to or go out of their way not to do the right thing by that animal, in most cases being to keep away from it. In this case I am 99.9repeater percent certain the reason they didn't stop was not fear of the snake going back into the engine block. Further I highly doubt stopping would have caused the snake to do this. I agreed that putting the snake on the grass in the middle of the road would probably have caused the snake to be run over anyhow. However they had 3 minutes, this is easily enough time to have moved to the other side of the road, pulled off on that side and at the least let the snake choose to either go away from or towards the freeway. I am not saying the people needed to go out of their way and pick the animal up but take it to the side it has a chance to get to freedom. What I dislike is these people sitting in the car laughing and videoing taking obvious pleasure from the snakes situation without any care for the well being of the animal at all.
Well said.Amazed me that these people showed no compassion at all.

well saved me a lot of effort figuring out how post a link.

Sad to see people being so worried. Why not stop and let it go by itself, as others have said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back