snake on the loose!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

diamondslady

Not so new Member
Reaction score
well well well, what a week i have had first of all my beloved 4 year old rottie got hit by a car and i lost him. :cry: we sine then have had him cremated so life goes on!
then for the best thing that has happened to me is i have got 2 coastal carpets in the one cage and i went in the othe night to say hello and noticed that there is only 1 snake in there, 1 is missing,my male is missing the female is still there...i am wondering it is very hard for a snake to get out of the cage that it was in and it is not very big at all,only a couple of feet long. anyways getting to the point i am wondering could the female maybe eaten the male????? or is that impossible?????? as she has refused 2 feeds that i have offered her and i think she would have been a little hungry!?? or is that little devil snake somewhere in my house????? i ahve turned it's room that it is in upsidedown and checked all my other cages and underneath for it, but no!....even my bed(LOL)...although i don't think it would have come out of his room ??? who knows...he must be in that back room of his somewhere but it has me really baffled?????? any help?? thanks.....fiona.... :?

Hi Fiona

Were they the Coastals that you got from Daralyn? I guess the only the only sure way to tell if it was eaten, is to have it XRayed in a hurry before it digests it, but hopefully you don't need to and you find her somewhere in the house.

Cheers, Artie

PS Fiona

I really am sorry to hear about your Rotty, what a bad time you're having! :cry:

well from replies to the thread about putting hatchlings together I would say cannibalism is quite a possibility here. Perhaps you should read through that thread to see what I am on about ?

Interesting.
What sizes are both of these coastals?Which one disappeared the larger or smaller one?
If they are hatchies would you by any chance have a fluoro fitting in the enclosure?

M........

I know exactly how you feel Fiona, I have lost a coastal hatching before. I suspect he got out of his cage and escaped through a small hole in my floor. Keep looking though, he mght turn up. Mine didn't, but I'm still hoping I'll see him in the garden one day!

Yeah if you have a flouro check it cos thats where my little bugger ended up...hes too fat now to get into it.

Cheers Hawkeye

Is your other coastal fat? If it ate the other it should be pretty damn large in the tummy region

sorry to hear about your rottie, what u can try doing is putting talcom powder around the area of the cage and checking it to see if there are any snake marks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back