Snake owner by proxy.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joeplant57

Reaction score
Hi all.. I am what you call a Snake owner by proxy as the Olive Snake belongs to my Daughter. My Daughter wanted a Snake for Christmas ( mistake I know pets are for life not for Christmas) after saying that I know I will have full responsibility for Nigini ( His name of course lol) but to be totally honest I am looking forward to the task. So guys I will be asking lots of questions on this Forum, I have done lots of googling and finding lots of info but there is nothing better than a Forum for hands on info. Regards and looking forward to lots of info and help and hopefully I will learn as we go along and maybe become a decent Snake Parent thus hopefully I will learn enough to help others..Don't I go on lol..Joe Plant

Hi guys yes Nigini is a Olive Python and yes I know they grow big and fast lol..my Daughter is 15 and thanks for the warm welcome. Lots of questions very very soon lol..Regards Joe Plant.

hav u got pics of the python. i keep olive pythons. the best specie of python in my opinion.

Good choice, they are a beautiful snake. You will have to watch their weight as Olives tend to be on the greedy side, and some of them have a pretty crazy feeding response, so you will definately want to invest in a good set of blunt-nosed feeding tongs.
Welcome to the forum mate!

yeah as boidae said they hav a pretty aggressive feeding response, so u might wanna help ur daughter out when they get bigger. my two are very quiet and placid but as soon as they know there is food they go crazy lol but once feeding time is over they are lovely again. they hav a beautiful nature. i can see why ur daughter wanted one.
mel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back