Snakes eating food

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes well that is why i posted the Latin names so as not to confuse anyone

Inland Taipan???? is this not the Fierce snake?? im getting confused...meaning the most toxic snake in the world?

Inland taipan.... fierce snake.... Oxyuranus microlepidotus... all the same thing.... like this one..

i was working out there last yr and was told they change colour from winter to summer...is this true....unfortunately i found at least 2/3 dead on road every day and i was there for 3 weeks so they must be thriving...tho alot of them were mulgas

wait, skinks isnt that a pic of a small scaled snake?

- - - Updated - - -

i was working out there last yr and was told they change colour from winter to summer...is this true....unfortunately i found at least 2/3 dead on road every day and i was there for 3 weeks so they must be thriving...tho alot of them were mulgas

darker in winter and turn light in the warmer months

Where were you working? Yep they change colour...they can go nearly black in winter.

funny cause a inland taipan is brown on the darker side yet in winter they turn a green....was working in Balloo shire....driving 2 hrs north west from a place called Thalgaminda...check the spelling lol

Last edited by a moderator:
funny cause a inland taipan is brown on the darker side yet in winter they turn a green....was working in Balloo shire....driving 2 hrs north west from a place called Thalgaminda...check the spelling lol

Around Eromanga area? 2hrs NW of Thargomindah doesn't really get you into Inland Taipan country.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok dark brow in winter and lighter in summer which in the sun thay have a green tinge....i get it now.........so many dead on the road due to all the road trains passing

I've seen black-headed mengdens and aspids out there so maybe it would be them.

well u r the expert but ive done the search on snakes where i was working and i was smack in the middle off Fierce snake country.......i was going to carry on writing but whats the point....i was and i did and now i dont care

People around here spit the dummy very easy when asked a simple question lol

People around here spit the dummy very easy when asked a simple question lol
Not at all im very interested in this thread as u guys have some balls...(was guna say nice snakes)...but balls is more to reality.......so many aussie snakes look similar...eg brown marsh and crown at a quick glance....easy for u guys u keep them lol

id say ozimid in the area you said just above thargominda you would possibly be seeing Pseudonaja aspidorhyncha the shield snouted brown snake which can look very similar to an inland tai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back