Snakes in Vietnam?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

veenarm

Reaction score
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
Hi, So I'm considering maybe moving to Vietnam for a year or more at last - and was wondering what snakes are there to own?

I've done a little search and so far the only one I can see (that's non venomous to own) would be a Reticulated Python.. however yes they can very very big!...

Aside from that what other snakes just are there that I could come across, i read lots of sea snakes (generally harmless ones though) and Cobras?

Also some kind of Pit Viper....

I'll likely be south west and ho chi minh etc...
Cheers

You really don't need to own a snake if you live in SE asia, snakes are a dime a dozen, catch and keep what you want... plenty of Colubrids, Cobras are garden pests... though sea snakes are not harmless at all, sure banded Kraits don't often bite and are usually docile and placid but if you do happen to be bitten by one you are in serious trouble. I suggest you get some of the books on SE asian reptiles and look through them, generally most of the SE asian countries have the same standard common species then each one has a few endemic species thrown in.

hi, one of the dream snake for me is the Mandarin Rat Snake, Elaphe mandarina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back