So you couldn't sleep last night?...neither could I.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few great encounters there that would put chills down your back.

My dad once put on his work boots and there was a moving lump under his foot, he took his foot out pretty quickly thinking it was a huge huntsman but nope a not very happy green tree frog :D

He also had a big huntsman decide to come out onto the handlebars of his motorbike while doing about 200kmph, there wasn't much he could do about it, it crawled over his hand, would have been funny as :lol: .

I have had a few white tails in my clothes as a kid.

I remember having lunch at a nursery cafe with my mum, a few years ago. Mum is completely terrified of spiders, and as she was talking, I saw a huge chunky black spider crawl around her her jacket onto the front of the sleeve. I knew she would have a heart attack if I told her, so I got my spoon and slowly got up and walked to her side to flick it off. My gaze and movements made her think I'd gone mad and was about to stab her with a spoon haha. She jumped around and screamed for ages after I flicked it and she realised what I was doing :p

Another time while we were renovating the house, a huntsman dropped from the roof onto mum's shoulder. She was always looking up after that :p

When I was cleaning out my garage to move a few years ago, I picked something up and a huntsman ran up my arm and around my chest, and up my neck and into my head. It must have jumped off my head as I couldn't find it when I went inside. They don't really scare me though so it wasn't that bad.

A close friend of my high school ex bf's family, got bitten on the leg by a white tail and had to have his leg amputated at the knee (can't remember if above or below). I remember seeing the wound soon after, and the stump was festering and gross. Ironic as his surname was "Kneebone".

My dad once put on his work boots and there was a moving lump under his foot, he took his foot out pretty quickly thinking it was a huge huntsman but nope a not very happy green tree frog :D

My Uncle did the same sort of thing, walking up the driveway at 4 in the morning to go to work, felt a lump in his shoe so took his boot off and tipped it out only to discover a funnel web inside his boot. He reckons the only thing that stopped him from being bitten was the way his foot was wedging it right down into the toe of the boot so it couldn't move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back