Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are a lucky person ! Do you ever come across both species of bluetongue in your area (centralians and westerns) ?
I also dont understand how such big animals get hit on the road.
Yulara mate about 20kms from Uluru.
We live in the resort (Ayers Rock Resort) and get to see quite a devirse range of reptiles here. The only sad thing is you see so many dead thornies on the road and other reptile as well. I offen see quite large sandies run over and think to myself " how the hell didn't you see that" .

I also dont understand how such big animals get hit on the road.

It's pretty easy, especially at night. I hit wallabies on a pretty regular basis, I think they could be a bit like lemmings and just love to kill themselves.

scratchy i know you were talking to spiderdan but i come across blue tounges and shinglebacks every now and then but my cam is always flat at the time >_<

Yes, know what you mean about roo's and wallabies at night. Sometimes its like suicide, they just pop up out of no where. sorry bout going off the topic.
Lizardman59 make sure your camera is charged next time you see blueys and bobtails !
It's pretty easy, especially at night. I hit wallabies on a pretty regular basis, I think they could be a bit like lemmings and just love to kill themselves.

IMG_3392.jpgIMG_2845.jpgIMG_1940.jpgIMG_2863.jpgIMG_3363.jpg

the joys of living in Kuranda Must take the camera out & get a few more pics of the locals
pencil.png

its a good day, i'll go hunting in a few minutes, but in a quick walk b4, didnt see a thing, hopefully more luck @ lunch :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back