!!Something weird has happened to my python!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tszue

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I have a coastal carpet python and just recently she showed signs of shedding, she had milky eyes really dark skin which looked loose and was dosile like normal... Well its been about a week now and her eyes have returned back to normal but she still hasnt shed yet, still looks very lethargic, and isn't slithering around the branches in her enclosure like she was...
Does any1 have any ideas of what might be happening?? could she maybe be sick??...
Thanks heaps for helping guys x

hello how long has it been since her eyes return to normal?
the first stages it will go pale and milky eyed and then a week later they go clear then a couple of days or a week later they shed well thats usually the case with my pythons hope this helps

Nothing with snakes happens instantly except death adder strikesanything up to 2 weeks after eyes clear up before they shed.

When they are getting ready to shed, thier body pumps some whitish fluid between the new skin and the old.... like a 'release agent' to put it simply. This is what makes them look milky eyed and dull. A few days before the actual slough of the skin, the body re-absorbs the milky liquid.... often people think the snake must have shed and eaten the shed or something :lol: Anyway, give it a few days and I am sure you will find the skin draped over something ;) Has he got a branch or something in his enclosure to help him get his 'sock' off?

Thanks heaps every1 for your reply it's definitely helped... In the past she usually would of shed by now but
Its nice to know that you guys go through the same with your pythons and actually know what yous are talking about haha,
she must just be taking her time a little more than usual...
Thanks again every1, defs made me feel a lot better haha x

Dont stress she will shed soon my Diamond goes all milky then clears up again and sheds after like 1-3 weeks after she clears up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back