Soon to be empty terrarium

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eamon

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I have just bought a new terrarium for my southern angle headed dragons and i will soon have this terrarium with nothing in it. I have no idea what animal would be suitable for their old exo terra (90cm wide, 45cm deep, 45cm high). I am looking for an animal that could be in this tank for its whole life.
Any help would be appreciated.
6uruba2e.jpg

(Sorry for the quality I'm using my iPad)

Last edited:
I've been thinking about geckos but I've actually just ordered some thick tailed geckos just recently. I don't think my mum would approve of scorpions or spiders. :( If there are some bigger species of gecko what types would suit this terrarium?

Last edited:
I have a Darwin python in mine the same dimensions. She's 2yo and still happy in her digs.

DSC_0038.jpg

Stimsons, childrens, any small python would be fine. Or if lizards are your thing how about a pair of Gidgee skinks or Jacky dragons?

pygmy beardies or amyae are big geckos i think they are one of the largest geckos.

I'll have a look around the expo and I will take in all of your suggestions. :)

A small colony of dragons from the Ctenophorus group would be spectacular in that terrarium. Red sand some weathered timber and rocks. Set it up with a basking light and UV tube would look spectacular. A few suggestions Central netteds, Painted dragons, Tawny ragons and Peninsula dragons.

Ring tail geckos for sure if you want a large active gecko, those things are great

If you got this enclosure for SAHDs, I think getting SAHDs is a good idea :p

If you want geckos for a display then imo you cant go past
Strophurus species, they are always out during the day basking and up all night hunting so you get to enjoy them 24/7, plus they look AWESOME.
A Colony of larger Strophs such as Golden-tails and Northern Spinys would suit that size nicely.

Get something that will out grow the enclosure, build larger enclosure then end up with spare enclosure. Buy something that will out grow spare enclosure and so on and so on! Great way to build your reptile collection.

@Ollie
A small colony of dragons from the Ctenophorus group would be spectacular in that terrarium. Red sand some weathered timber and rocks. Set it up with a basking light and UV tube would look spectacular. A few suggestions Central netteds, Painted dragons, Tawny ragons and Peninsula dragons.
thanks for that reply! I will have a look at the expo for some nice smaller dragon species. :)
@Geckojosh I will have a look for some Strophurus species and I will take the idea into consideration.Thanks everyone :D

A bunch of ring-tailed geckos (Cyrtodactylus sp.) would make that a great display enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back