Sooo slow

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
.Except at uni (where everything is slow) i have had no troubles with anything (downloading pictures included)

Yeah, something seems to be amiss, perhaps related to the new picture viewer feature thingy?

I agree with Baxtor - since the change it seems like dial up.

...the picture viewer seems to be the slowest thing, however, loading pages is also much slower than before

Yep... ditto Aslan,
slow opening pages and takes forever to open pictures.
Has been like that since the change for me.

the pic thing is horrible....
i used to right click and open in new window, while i read the thread, now at like 5 bps i have to load a pic, view, close load etc, then read the thread

Yeah i don't like the new pic thing either. I vote we get rid of it.

slow for me too......sometimes I get "page cannot be displayed" for ages (doesnt happen on any other site)
Ive posted heaps of things lately that have disappeared because when I press submit it goes to page cannot be displayed and then I cant access the site for around 10-15min

Ive posted heaps of things lately that have disappeared because when I press submit it goes to page cannot be displayed

This has happened to me to! it seems slow to open the thread- but the picture thing rocks for me. over all the picture thing seems faster cause you only look at the things you want to enlarge.

Its really bad....there has to be some problem, all the other sites i use are normal but this one is shocking slow......:|

the change to new server has been like going back to dial -up for me. Wouldn't bother even thinking about pics etc. so slow just opening threads.
only this site has changed and all my other net activity is just as fast as ever.

Same for me. The old server was way faster!

Yep, this is extremely painful. :( Could we at least get rid of chat until the problem is fixed, presuming that will help a little?

Last edited by a moderator:
Its really bad....there has to be some problem, all the other sites i use are normal but this one is shocking slow......:|

Yeah its exactly the same over here....very very slow opening aps pages:(

The site is fast for me, so that confirms that it's not a server problem. I noticed that most the complaints are coming from Bigpond and TPG users - perhaps it is a problem with these particular ISP's connections!

Same here da donkey,painfully slow & frustrating to the point i'm losing interest because i don't have the time it takes to do anything on this site!!

using internode, and iinet... both 24mb DSLAM it can take 5 minutes or more to load pages, and this is at 2 or 3am...
so should be no strain on my isp....
and no issues anywhere else at the same time...
then after 30mins or so of like that, its running fine again for another 10,,, then slows up again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back