Sound Systems and Snakes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hey all, when playing loud music does it hurt/disturb/piss off the snakes? i have my herps in my room and i have a CD player in there. i sometimes want to play loud music though i don't know if it does harm to them.

cheers
pete

I have heard that it has to be really loud for them to annoy them. I remember a thread about this being posted a while ago.

I've had band practise in my house (a lot louder than any CD player I'll give you the tip) and it had no adverse effects on any of my snakes. The neighbours are another story....

an aquarium that sells reptiles near us used to be underneath a club or something i think and they said they never had any problems :)

corner of chapel and high street?

I have two massive bass bins in my backroom with some pretty loud speakers and i listen to some bass heavy low frequency type stuff, and nothing adverse happens with the crawlies...

Nez

corner of chapel and high street?

nah corner of barkley and carlisle i THINK is where they used to be. was there a club above pets wonderland?

Thats cos all the pets are running around chewing chewy and sucking lolly pops :wink:

They like Pink Floyd thru the surround sound ! :p Seriously, im not sure they can hear much airborn sound, i think only constant vibration *(might) bother them. :wink:

I used to own a young pair of coastal taipans( Oxyuranus scutelatus) that became quite agitated at loud music and would slither around as if it was distressing them (taipans are very alert reptiles and young ones especially are easily aroused) I think the way sound affects snakes or other herps depends on the acoustic qualities of there enclosure. My taipans were housed in a thin plywood box and this resinated the sounds and turned them into strong vibrations, I believe that loud music does distress herps particularly those tracks with loud base beats. Regular exposure to loud music over time could lead to increasing stress and reduced immunity to disease\infections possibly leading to death of the animal. An occasional song probably wont hurt the little tykes.

I think there still is a club above pets wonderland....

nots sure though, i ride past it everyday on my way to work so i probably should know

nez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back