Southern angle headed dragon laying! what to do?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AusReptiles88

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm so exited! My female angle head is enormous and was told when I got her not terribly long ago she is probably pregnant. There was the risk of infertile eggs though and I was told she should be laying about October. Now she has dug a hole in her enclosure and is laying! What should I do with her, the eggs etc...?
Thanks in advance,

Scott.101_2484.jpg101_2485.jpg

If you want to keep the eggs then put them in an incubator if you arent into breeding them then throw the eggs out. Be sure to give your female a good feed to bring her some energy and so she can start to put on some weight.

I dont have an incubator at my house, but I have a friend who has one, what could I do to keep them alive overnight or longer? will they be fine where they are?

I didnt have an incubator for 2days with a surprise clutch of snake eggs and i had 9 out of 10 eggs hatch, not sure about dragon eggs

Congrates on being a daddy :)

I incubate my angle head eggs in moist coco Pete at room temp so it fluctuates the have a higher hatch rate if temps fluctuate. Call me if yo want any info I'll shoot u a pm.

Cheers Brenton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back