Southern angle headed dragon

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forensick

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
what would i be looking at needing for an enclosure for these guys? (that will look awesome :D )

also, would a water feature be ok with these guys.
for example, in say a 4foot long tank, at one end having like 6inches worth of "pond" with a water fall flowing down into it?
and would that work instead of a water bowl? (it would be filtered obviously)

the need a tall tank so best to get a custom built enclosure, 4ft long, 6ft high, 2-3ft wide would look cool

yeah, they prefer the climbing space . especially vertical branches.
they like a bit of water in there, only up to their(arm pits) area.

hmmmmm.....

i have 3 options...

and looks like it will come down to what sort of tank i can get cheap off ebay/trading post. (thankfully i am patient)

any idea how much a tall custom tank would cost?

(probably not quite 6foot tho... i rent and have to move every so often :p )

you could build one yourself that can be easly dismantled, then it wouldnt be a problem when it came time to move

Enclosures

I have been using the mesh reptarium/herparium style enclsoures. They work fabulously as you can be carried easily in or outdoors. I don't have to worry about UV lighting as they have flourished since being in this type of enclosure. I bought mine from Brian barnett from the HerpShop so check out there website as it's pretty helpful .........I also find it really easy to clean, chuck it in the washing machine or hose it. (animals not inside of course).

Simone.

Last edited:
I kept a trio in a 2'x2'x4' tank and would happily have put 3 more in there, they use very little space.
I had just a normal water bowl and sprayed them at least twice a week.

hmmmmm
building
interesting?
like buy a second hand wardrobe, remove the doors, and replace with perspex/glass?
would that make it hard to heat properly? (i am in melbourne)

any suggestions about how to cheaply/easily build one?

If your house is heated, you should not need to heat the dragons.

yea, that would be ok, you would need to seal the wood and put vents in aswell but they can look great if you do them right

I found heating them gave me all sorts of dramas. Anything over 26 and mine would start looking pretty ordinary. I also have two water bowls in there for them, one that stays clean and one that they seem to always crap in.

Simone.

I have been using the mesh reptarium/herparium style enclsoures. They work fabulously as you can be carried easily in or outdoors. I don't have to worry about UV lighting as they have flourished since being in this type of enclosure. I bought mine from Brian barnett from the HerpShop so check out there website as it's pretty helpful .........I also find it really easy to clean, chuck it in the washing machine or hose it. (animals not inside of course).

Simone.

nice little female you've got there.:D

I never heated mine when I kept them, but my house was airconned (evap) all summer and heated (wood fire) all winter.

I found heating them gave me all sorts of dramas. Anything over 26 and mine would start looking pretty ordinary. I also have two water bowls in there for them, one that stays clean and one that they seem to always crap in.

Simone.

ah, overnight, during winter my house sits closer to 10
and i doubt it would go over 20 when i am at work either

Couple more- although these ones are when they were in glass tanks.

Simone.

Last edited:
Anyone of these would be great for an Angle head

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 57
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 53
  • P2270007.JPG
    P2270007.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 59
Couple more- although these ones are when they were in glass tanks.

Simone.

Were yours the ones at the Macherps show?
If so i have a bit of a bone to pick with you!!! :)
Never really been into lizards since i was a kid and then i saw these and now i have to get a pair!!!

i should probably ask, even tho it is low on my list of concerns...
how much would an angle head cost me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back