sp 2 "Ivy"

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grunto

Reaction score
my sp 2 has locked herself in her burrow but before she did I got this pic.
I am fairly sure she is in pre-molt since she refuses food and seems to be darkening in some areas, is this darkening the new cutical growing under the old?

Attachments

• 12007_1225finepix0065.jpg
    12007_1225finepix0065.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 86
i dont no about the darkening but nice spider any way grunto

the darkening isnt the new exoskeleton hardening, when they moult they come out very light. Not really sure what it is. Also refusing food doesnt always mean its about to moult, adult t's sometimes go for months without a feed.

the darkening isnt the new exoskeleton hardening, when they moult they come out very light. Not really sure what it is. Also refusing food doesnt always mean its about to moult, adult t's sometimes go for months without a feed.

Every T i have owned came out almost black after moults... ? (Admittedly that isn't many but I thought they were usually dark?)

straight after a moult some sp are quite light, after a few hrs they darken.

thanks guys, still seeing signs of life in her enclosure each morning but her burrow is sealed shut of a day so will have to spy on her during the night.

I'd try not to disturb her too much grunto, nice looking tarantula mate....looks like some of the crawshayi i used to keep, they always got faded like that & then look amazing after a moult.

I'd try not to disturb her too much grunto, nice looking tarantula mate....looks like some of the crawshayi i used to keep, they always got faded like that & then look amazing after a moult.

C. crawshay aka king baboon? Awsome looking t's, they get to a good size dont they?

wow nice T mate, how long you had her she does look a bit gravid.

actually if she was WC as an adult recently she may be gravid. That could explain her behaviour

you should see the other picks of his sp2 , she has the largest set of fangs i have seen on a sp2 that i have ever seen.

post the other pics Grunto

C. crawshay aka king baboon? Awsome looking t's, they get to a good size dont they?

Yes mate, but slow growing....the legs on that one are thinner than crawshayi, but over time it faded to the brown colour of that aussie T, & then when it moulted it was an amazing orange/brown.
I found a pic for yer, best time to take pics is after a moult & when something as nice as a king baboon sheds, its a good excuse to get the camera out;)
What are aussie T's temperaments like ? are they aggressive ? what are they like for hair flicking?
This female's about half grown.

old worlds dont flick hairs. aussie t's are very defensive. Some more then others but i do know of a sp round that is very calm.

Are you sure youve got no new worlds ? i thought i saw steve irwin picking one off a bush in a clip ??;):lol:

nah, we only have the one family of old world t's in aust.

I have had her around four years and have never mated her so I know she is not gravid .She has molted every year without any problems but she never seemed to have the darkening maybe I'm just seeing her in a whole new light, she seems alot more at home now I have deepened her substrate to the point where she has created a turret ,something she has never done before. I have only recently found out her sp thanks to Bylo and I am searching for a mate for her

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back