Spellcheck on APS

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wokka

From time to time I see mention of spellcheck in APS posts. Can you? Is there a way of enabling spellcheck as you post like I have when I send emails? The more posts and texts I read the worse my spelling seems to get. I suppose that after you see incorrect spelling enough it imprints on your mind particularly when it is getting tired and worn out like mine.

Unfortunately 'spell check' won't help people from using 'brought' instead of 'bought'.....

try firefox, I only use IE coz I can open it faster. and firefox is better than safari*puts on flame suit*.

Will

If everyone did a quick read through before they post the majority of little mistakes would be picked up. I personally don't see that big a deal if someone uses the wrong spelling or grammar, I think the majority of us are intelligent enough to figure it out without the carry on :)

Perhaps if they stopped speaking in "text" speak that might also help? I still cannot see "sum1" in the Oxford dictionary (yes that is a paper based book that tells us how to spell and pronounce a word correctly)

and I must admit, I do find it a bit difficult to actually work out what somebody is trying to say at times. Seems the grammar checker isn't working :)

Perhaps if they stopped speaking in "text" speak that might also help? I still cannot see "sum1" in the Oxford dictionary (yes that is a paper based book that tells us how to spell and pronounce a word correctly)

and I must admit, I do find it a bit difficult to actually work out what somebody is trying to say at times. Seems the grammar checker isn't working :)

what yo tak'n bout?? I don't see a prob m8! LOL.

To tell the truth I hate it too. I don't think they even teach grammar in schools anymore. And I'm not that old!

Am I the only person who has spell check icon on the top right hand side of the message window when you are typing a post????
spelling.gif

who cares if you cant spell as long as it is sort of readable , it dont matter i think . most people get the point no matter how bad your spelling is . i work with alot of people from small islands , papua,ect the only words they speak of english are the important ones keeps things short but thats good enough :D

who cares if you cant spell as long as it is sort of readable , it dont matter i think . most people get the point no matter how bad your spelling is . i work with alot of people from small islands , papua,ect the only words they speak of english are the important ones keeps things short but thats good enough :D

Its not the people from the small islands that are the problem, the general malaise of spelling and grammar is truly frightening with some of the posts that I've seen on here lately..

Sounds like I'm an old fart I know but there you go :shock::lol: so indulge me and let me rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back