Spencer monitors

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aussieblack

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hi, i have seen hatchlings but i have not seen any adults and im wondering if anyone has an adult that they can put pictures up.

i have 2 there not adults yet but there is a few people on here with them are u looking to get one? they are really great monitors, the youngest one i have right now has such a great personality

id deffinatly recommend them if ur into monitors!

hey im a fellow south aussie, what size are your spencers?

i got a youngster and the others maby 2ft? im bad with mesurments ill get the tape out tommorow and check for u :)

Here are a few pics of mine, the male would be close to 4' and the female is much smaller.

Attachments

• spenceri.jpg
    spenceri.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 103
  • spenceri2.jpg
    spenceri2.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 151
  • female spencers.jpg
    female spencers.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 136
  • female spencers2.jpg
    female spencers2.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 141
Is 4' SVL or total length?

total length, if it was 4' SV it would probably try and eat me :lol: SVL would be approx half that. They are about as big as most of the larger varanids its just they have a short tail.

Can anyone get a pik of them sitting next to one? I want to get a monitor but medium size, not tiny but not a monster either.

cris could you post a pic of your setup? and tech specs?

Midnightserval - If you are looking for something larger than say a Blackhead or Ackie but not as big as a Lacie or Perentie then your options are really a Spencers or Mertens...

They general have much shorter tails reducing their overall size somewhat...another benefit is that both are amazing animals, hardy, with (generally) a good temperament...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back