Spider ID please

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

moosenoose

Legendary
Reaction score
Found this fun little number in the bush yesterday. It wasn't over-joyed at me finding it either :lol:

Can someone give me an idea as to what it is??

Attachments

• DSC_0239.jpg
    DSC_0239.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 293
  • DSC_0241.jpg
    DSC_0241.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 201
  • DSC_0230.jpg
    DSC_0230.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 234
It stole your money :(

picture number three is pretty much telling you to give it more and stop being stingey!!

Arooooooooooo I would have put down 20cents but I wanted it to look bigger! :p

No, it was a reasonable sized spider, and very aggressive. Standing on its rear legs and you could hear it going the chomp on my snake hook.

I don't have any spider books at my disposal. I tried a little bit on the net to ID it, so then I thought I'd try here. Spiders really aren't my thing :p

Me too redbelly, nothing good can come from being bitten by something like that. I would still think its one of the many species of Funnel Web

Funnel web in melbourne??? doesnt sound right to me

grim there are a number of species of funnel web spider. There are southern tree funnel webs that you get in Victoria. There is even a species of funnel web found on Fraser Island. It's the Sydney Funnel Web (males) that have caused all the recorded deaths from Funnel Web species, prior to the introduction of antivenene.

I suspect it may have been a funnel-web, there is a species of them in the Dandenong ranges, but I was nowhere near there....that and I'm useless at spider ID without some desent reference materials :p

My first thought was a Funnel Web too but Im definately no expert.........

i'd say wolf spider- i live in shepparton vic and play with them in the back yard all the time
they tend ot live in/around water

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back