Sponsorship prize

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lutzd

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
As part of the package we received when we sponsored the snake at the Australian Reptile Park, we received a family pass for one year to the Reptile Park, which admits 2 adults and 3 children free.

To be fair, I think we should put the names in a hat and draw out a winner for the pass. I think it should be awarded to one of the people who actually donated towards the sponsorship, so any of those people who can use it please post a reply here indicating your interest in going into the draw.

Although I'm not part of the group that contributed, I think it's a great idea David. :D Perhaps though, within the selected group, it could be between the people who don't have herp society memberships and get into the park for free anyway? Just a suggestion. :wink:

Thanks

Thanks for that thought, Cheap Scotch! I'd thought of that too, which is why I said, "those who could use it". However, those same people did contribute, so I guess have a right to be in the draw - they may want to give it to friends/Family.

What do others think?

Everyone who donated,whether members of Herp Societies or not should go in the draw. It's only fair and if then that person decides he/she can't use it then maybe a redraw is in order.

Yeah, I wasn't thinking of people giving it to other family members. :roll: Good point. :wink:

Well I don't mind as I will not be able to use it anyway :(

Well i wasnt here when you guys sponcered the herp so can i have some details i would like to be of help

If it is a pass that lasts for one year can it be used repeatedly? I can't use it myself unless air fares are included, (big LOL here), but maybe if it is a multiple use pass it could be shared amongst those that can use it AND contributed? Just a thought.

Count me out of the prize draw, I get free entry. I'd rather give someone else the opportunity to win it..most of my family aren't on the coast anymore.

Count me in.
I'm a herp soc member and I get in for free, but I'd donate it to Mark's ex so his kids could use it, they love the snakeys and go to the park a bit...

Thanks

Thanks for the responses, guys and gals! Maybe I should have said, "stick your hand up those who don't want the ticket! :lol:

Python_guy, thanks for that! Decent of you. We raised about $460 in an earlier thread, and have given that to the Reptile Park as sponsorship, so that collection is closed, but that raises an interesting point. Why limit ourselves to just one sponsorship, even once a year? We could make it an on-going thing for those who believe it's a worthy cause. People could donate whatever they can afford/want to whenever they like, and we could hand it over as another sponsorship periodically when the amount is reasonable. We'd keep a "sticky" post going with the running total and pick a different reptile to sponsor each time. If we kept that up we'd soon own the sponsorship board (photo coming!). Maybe if we did something like this, the park might come to an arrangement similar to the NSW Herp Society, where members get in free. I'll check it out if there's enough interest. Anyway, it's just a thought...... any comments anyone?

Africanfishstick, not a bad thought - I'll check that out too.

yea and this time can we sponsor something venemous please :D. also because they require less money to adopt

I'm an AHS member so I don't need to be in the draw but as a side issue I think we should have something on out Main page to show that we sponsor a Roughy. That would look rather tastey don't you think.

Graham 8)

Good Idea GaGa :) Hey Dai Bach, don't put me in the draw I wouldn't be able to use it anyway. Enjoy life and prosper guys and gals.

I am definataley in. I cant believe you sponser a rough scaled python. I went there in march. I was lucky because they actually came down to where i could have a good look. Just post the details and i will organise what i can do.

Cheers, Jeremy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back