Spots of blood...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake_Whisperer

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi gang, noticed tonight my hatchie BHP had passed some urates but in it and in a couple spots around the enclosure were spots of blood. I gave him a good once over but he doesn't seem to be injured. Any ideas what this may be symptomatic of? Worms maybe?

I've never had experience with bloody urates before and the limited reading (only since you've posted this thread) seems to suggest there could be a problem that warrants a visit to the vet. One page stated that any blood in a snake's urate is bad and a bacteriological exam by your vet will need to be performed. Another person who posted on another site with a similar problem found his snake was suffering from amoebic dysentry. I find the latter unlikely as dysentry (IMO) would also mean your snake would have the runs.

Sorry for not being any help. I hope someone with experience in this matter can shed some more light on the problem. If anything, this will bump your post up. Good luck.

Thanks for the effort mate, actually, I spoke with the breeder and he reckons it's not blood but just an element of the urate itself. Will be keeping a close eye on my little fella for a bit tho!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back