spotted feeding?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

carinacat

Reaction score
my spotted stopped eating for a few months which i kno isnt a real drama but i would still offer her a rat every fortnight. i then tried a large mouse to see if she would take that and she did so this fortnight i gave her another large mouse which she ate again. just wondering what she should be eating? she is almost 2yr old and approx 80+ cm long

No Carina they don't need anything bigger. If you think 1 mouse isn't enough, give her 2. It isn't an issue that she doesn't eat rats. But if you really want to try her on rats you might have to thaw the rats in the same bucket as a couple of mice so the smell goes over the rat. Feed her a mouse first, then offer the rat. While already in feed response she may very well take the rat after she has had the taste of her favourite mousies

she was on rats when i bought her but when she wouldnt eat i thought id offer her a mouse and she took it

They do that now and then. Worse part is they can't tell us why. I had a hatchy port mac go off his food and then I got him going again with live mice :( I don't know why when he was started out all along on dead food, suddenly he would turn his nose up at the thawed but straight away would snap up the livey. He did this for 4 weeks then suddenly he changed again. He looked at a livey with no interest so I decided to try him on thawed and he snapped that up. So it was good to have him at last, back on the dead food.

Well, my spotted at two years of age was eating hopper rats. I imagine that an adult mouse is too small.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back