Spotted hatchling

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joeplant57

Reaction score
Hi all recently got a Spotted Hatchling, would like to know how long do I leave the lights on for him..all my other snakes have around 14 hours of light then all is turned on but these are pretty big Pythons..as for the hatchling well I'm buggered if I know..cheers guys look forward to some help and not criticism..regards Joe..ps at the moment there on 24/7..

I keep our spotted hatchie in his click clack in the kitchen on top of my MD's enclosure, and is subject only to the natural daylight hours, he is doing well

I keep our spotted hatchie in his click clack in the kitchen on top of my MD's enclosure, and is subject only to the natural daylight hours, he is doing well
Thanks Baturb...But do Hatchlings ( he is about 1ft long) need a light as a heat source at night ??.. My Daughter really wanted this Hatchling but I would rather have the bigger boys easier to look after then babies lol..at the moment he is in a large enclosure bye himself and he seems to love it he is out and about most of the day loves taking baths and loves his tucker..I know most guys would say he should be in a click clack and personally I would like to put him in one so I have space for my 6 ft Coastal has the hatchling as a bit of his enclosure for now..boy ain't I rattling on lol..please please help I'm really stuck do I put him in a Click Clack or leave him in part of my Coastals enclosure where he seems to love it..

Last edited:
I'd put him in a click clack, easier to manage when they are small, easy to clean, no escapes, they feel secure, easier to keep the heat up 24/7.

If he is happy in the larger enclosure I would leave him there, just provide plenty of hides, both hot end and cool end, if you need the enclosure for the coastal then move the spotted for now and get another enclosure for him, but at 12 months old and a foot long I would think he is to big for a click clack, try a bigger tub and maybe cut a hole in front and put some glass/plexiglass over the hole, my MD and Jungle have ceramic heat emitters and our spotted has a heat mat under his click clack, none of them have lights, only natural light and they are all thriving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back