stay dry.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got home. It was looking ok for a bit but now the creek has turned it on. Its risen about 1m in the last 30 mins and what is normally about 3m wide is now 100. Its lapping on the road. Time to back some bags and leave. Ciao peeps :)

Roads cut. Staying at home.

Last edited:
Good luck cobber.

That's our monsoon you mob have pinched! We want it back!

This rain is unreal..bloody climate change! ;)

Stay safe everyone & listen to your local SES instructions, dont be hero's & go swimming or stay in evacuated areas.

Wishing you and the family keep strong and safe along with your friends and everyone that are now or will soon be affected by the floods.

Any updates Beard? How are you going?

Thinking of ya mate.

Hoping your safe. And best of luck buddy .... I've got 2 spare rooms in Sydney if u guys need. Take care.

Don't get that beard wet!
Hope your house holds and suffers no damage, same for your neigbours and community.

Good luck matey, guess the power might be down? Well, theres that water feature you always wanted.

Good luck, Beard, and to all who are affected by this rain.

Good luck cobber.

That's our monsoon you mob have pinched! We want it back!

Have you also had a distinct lack of rain this season, Steve? It's my first season in Cairns, but people are telling me we haven't had a wet season this summer, at least not yet. It has been raining in the last few days, so maybe we'll get one late?

Renenet worst crapist wet season I have seen in more than 20 years.

Good luck, Beard, and to all who are affected by this rain.

Have you also had a distinct lack of rain this season, Steve? It's my first season in Cairns, but people are telling me we haven't had a wet season this summer, at least not yet. It has been raining in the last few days, so maybe we'll get one late?

Yea very ordinary. Apparently we are not far below the averages but none of the bucket turned upside down for a week stuff. Very dribbly. I bought a lightning trigger for my camera but the storms have been ordinary. I think there's a good chance the monsoon will consolidate before the Wet's over, and make life interesting in some places.

Thanks for the offers of rooms and the kind thought and well wishing :) It kinds restores the sense of humanity that is largly lost. You lot are alright :)

So, things didn't go as bad as expected. The expected flood peak wasn't reached.

The pic was taken from my driveway at about 630am on thursday morning. By 4 pm that arvo when I got home it hadn't really changed much but then it turned it on and came up about another 1.5-2m from where it is in the pic. The water was up to the road and the sign on the centre right was under.

It was expected to break the banks around midnight but it didn't eventuate.

445mm of rain has fallen so far this year in a place that has an annuall average of 534mm and has been in drought for 15 years.

Glad you are safe Beard. We are flooded in again for the umpteenth time this year.We've had over 100mm over night. lovely river flowing under my house again to meet the raging torrent 40M behind. Getting sick and tired of the kids missing school :( one is missing an excursion today too. All safe :) just inconvenienced for a couple of days.

What a bugger hey!!!!! Atleast in the tropics you sort of expect it. In an ares known as 'the rain shadow plains' its a bit of an unexpected event :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back