stay dry.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully will not be a common occurrence for you then :)

I'm in the sub -tropics (supposedly). We were in drought the first 3 years here, so the last 3 have been a real eye opener! If we could find $30k to concrete our driveway and persuade council to upgrade a couple of the causeways into our area we wouldn't have a problem. But alas the whole community have tried again and again and we get a "not economical to do so" & "shouldn't live there if it bothers you" response. urgh!

This weather is crazy!! Mother Nature has her cranky pants on!! Hope u & your family stay safe Beard. Goodluck when you can return, i hope you dont lose too much!!
Nature doesn't get cranky, it just does its stuff and everyone just has to cope.
My house is elevated (2m above ground level) so it should be ok. I hope. Animals are all upstairs so they're safe. Still worrying though.
Hopefully the worst you get is a close shave*.

who wouldn't, stay safe people and remember don't drive in floodwater!
Good advice but you are probably wasting your breath. There has been a big campaign up here ('If its flooded, forget it") but the rescues continue.

And you are not alone - look what is happening here Cyclone could develop over SEQ | Sunshine Coast News | Breaking News in Sunshine Coast | Sunshine Coast Daily, though, despite the sensational headline, a cyclone forming over land is very unlikely

* Sorry - couldn't resist

HAHAHA BOM came out this morning and said the monsoon trough has broken up and no rain for Darwin for a week or so. 10 minutes later the rain came down and it hasn't stopped. There is general rain across the Top End.

They are in a (windowless) cyclone proof building, if only they had a window their predictions would improve greatly!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back