Sterilising painted wood?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jyuuka

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I recently got back from a holiday to Hawaii and whilst I was there I bought a house decor made from wood. It is painted black, and was approved by the Australian customs when I declared it.

I want to make sure I don't harm my snake with heated paint fumes or anything, so I was wondering, what is the best way to sterilise painted wood, if any?

I can provide a picture if necessary.

Please if you have any ideas, let me know. Thank you! x :)

I don't think sterilising is the word that you you are after but more curing maybe. You would have to know what paint it is to make sure it is non toxic but saying that you may be able to seal it with a clear coat.

Unless there are evident fumes coming off the wood you have nothing to worry about. If, however, you consider you can readily detect fumes from the black paint, there are a number of sealants that can be used to address the issue – from Shellac to Estapol to Polyurethane. Your local paint shop is the best place to ask advice and obtain a solution, if required.

Blue

Thank you! I'll head to a paint shop tomorrow and see what they say :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back