Steve Irwin. I WANT ANOTHER.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All we have to look at is what his done to australian animals And then we will truely see who this wonderful man is.

All we have to look at is what his done to australian animals.

Harrassed the buggery out of them lol :lol:

PS,
Neither Irwins or the Australian Zoo contributed time or funds to the Mary River project. Bob did but had no affiliation to the Zoo and did it of his own accord because Terri refused. Call that conservation? When Steve was a single man following his dads footsteps he was viewed as a wildlife warrior all about the animals and was well respected much like his father still is today. But once he hooked up with Terri it was all over. Everything became media this, money that, publicity this, create this to sell that etc.

Did you also realise that Steve was against ameature Reptile keeping?
He wanted to be a pioneer in the hobby with the only access to Herps being through paying a Zoological park entry fee. Why just reptiles? why not fish & birds & cats & dogs etc if he was worried about the animals in the hands of the uneducated or ill informed...Soooo, was this a conservation attempt? or a marketing ploy on his part?

Last edited:
Vassallo, believe it or not, but APS has some older members (who rarely come on here anymore) that could tell you a few things about Steve that would really make you think twice about the man.

I personally don't have a problem with him, though.

Steve Irwin's best talent (other than stealing snakes from private keepers and refusing to return them to their owners even after the court found him guilty of theft) was causing people to highlight whether they were the type to get sucked into surface hype or look a little deeper into a situation before taking a side.

If you're not going to bother learning about a situation before making an emotion-based decision which in the face of any information you will refuse to change, well, there's not much point discussing it.

Vassallo, believe it or not, but APS has some older members (who rarely come on here anymore) that could tell you a few things about Steve that would really make you think twice about the man.

I personally don't have a problem with him, though.

With me being someone who has never had much interest in the topic, could you elaborate?

les hidding

I don't particularly want anothe S.I
I didn't like the first one... Sure he's a great bloke and all, he was justa little too over the top for me.
I prefer less entertainment and more knowlege.. like Les Hidden, Harry Buttler, David Attenbrough etc..
I can see why the kids love him though, and thats great :)
Mainly I hatted the stereo type he painted to the world about Aussies... I know lots of Yanks who laugh AT him and it makes me mad.

great to see some one likeing les hidden

Time to give the Barefoot Bushman a crack at the title?
He is just as interesting - and doesn't have annoying plastic kids!! hahahah
and David Attenbrough rocks (life in cold blood part 1 was MY inspiration to get a snake!)

I cannot beleive it....this guy died and some of you make jokes about it???
Makes me wonder about some people...................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back