Sticky Stuff Snake Injuries...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

foxysnake

Reaction score
Just thought I'd ask people about problems they've had with sticky stuff and their snakes, or stories they've heard. - I havn't heard about this before so would really like to know!!
Cheers,
Dee.

Yeah, also I think band aids were mentioned in another thread as well. And does blue tack pose a threat as well?

hi foxy,
when we first started out about 3 years ago my brother used sticky tape to hold the newspaper down for his coastal as he was sick of her messing up her cage,
it took her one day to get it wraped around her head, it took me about an hour to get it all off, it was just lucky it didn't close of her airways, and i can tell you he NEVER did it again, i made sure he didn't, his time on this earth wouldn't have been for much longer if i had to go through all the hassles getting it off again,

cheers,
steve........

Ive got this great tape from 3M. It has fibreglass threads running along it and sticks to itself and plastic surfaces. It doesnt adhere well to skin or scales.
Its not cheap and I have it raelly to hold cracked turtle shells together because it has no stretch.
Its good for sticking paper down because it wont stick to the animals.
Its called filament tape 893.

Snakes just love to live under paper more so than hide boxes as a rule so it makes no sence to tape it down. Never had a prob with blue-tac but would never even consider using sticky tape of any form in a tank with sankes.

The safest quickest and easiest way to remove tape etc is
Chlorhexidine Hand wash
DONT use concentrate
make a bath of warm water with a little in it
soak snake and whilst soaking pour hand wash over the tape to disolve glue, working tape off gently with fingers.

Works best with 2 people.
Can vouch for this method personally, as I assisted vet to remove Gaffer tape from a coastal.
If the skin is torn a week of batril is recomended. :!:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back