Stimson python - young won't eat

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

socgm

Reaction score
Hope someone can give me advice.I purchased a young stimson - about 20cm long approx 4 weeks ago. At the time I was told that it was due for a feed that weekend (have another young one at home already). Since I have been home it has not eaten. I am feeding both the same and the other one is eating well. I contacted the pet shop and they advised me to take the other one out for a couple of days and see if that helps. Also to leave the food in there overnight. Done and not helping. What could be the problems????

Thanks - don't want to appear stupid but can't find the thread :(

I had that problem with my one as well.. It would take like 3hrs of wiggling the pinkie..
It would happily snap at my hands but not the pinkie in the forceps.. So I would sit there holding the pinkie much to my dismay. That worked a couple of times..

then I lost her for 6 weeks.. I left her cage open and she eventually came back for the warmth.. Then 6 weeks later she snapped at that pinkie like it was the yummiest thing ever.. So maybe wait up to 6 weeks?

i was told by the breeder to cut the fluid part on top of the skull n let it drip over the pinkie as they normally love that but it didn't work for me.. Might for you though..

Make sure it isn't close to shedding either..

Good luck with it and I hope this helps..

Thanks. When I put the pinkie in - it is not even interested. I have posted another question online re its housing. I currently have two housed together. Do you think this may be stressing it out???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back