Stimsons pythons no more!

Help Support AUSSIE PYTHONS:

Pythonguy1

Reaction score
So they finally figured out that Stimson's and children's are the same thing? Just when I'm in the middle of breeding Stimson Pythons?!

Sdaji

Almost Legendary
APS Veteran
Trusted Seller
Reaction score
So they finally figured out that Stimson's and children's are the same thing? Just when I'm in the middle of breeding Stimson Pythons?!

They're still Stimson's Pythons.

Stimson's Pythons are just not a separate species. They never were.

Human classifications do not change the nature of reality. Things are what they are, we just slap various labels on it. Many of us have been saying for decades that these were not separate species in a real sense. I've posted about it on APS countless times, often to the ridicule of various people, go figure.

Jungle are not a separate species, they're Carpets, but they're still Jungles and people call them Jungles. Use whatever subspecies you like as an example. You can continue calling your Stimson's Stimson's, don't fret, they just have a different level of taxonomic classification, which is more appropriate than before.

Allan

Trusted Seller
Reaction score
It doesn't seem that long time ago when all we had was Liasis childreni and Liasis perthensis.

Harpo

Reaction score
Also saw this little bit mentioning spotteds too. (grabbed it off F/B.)

180065379_10219575847366846_4965231844931800580_n.jpg

All this reminds me of the chat we were having in the other thread on bredli lately.