Storm season starts :D

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradchip

Reaction score
I'm an incredibly huge fan of thunderstorms, and anything storm related (except for the occasional destruction of homes and loss of life). Hoping for an interesting storm season this year. Last weekend was the first decent storm to hit Brisbane. Managed to drive out Ipswich way and get one decent shot. It's a real pity that the majority of the lightning was sheet, and not bolt.

Mother nature is an amazing thing :D

Post any storm shots you've taken in this thread

5114645852_6efa0365df_z.jpg

Here's some crazy footage (not taken by me of the storm at the Gap a few years ago. Never quite seen anything like this with my own eyes. The commentary is pretty funny too!

[video=youtube;skrnDGl1LxQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skrnDGl1LxQ[/video]

very nice, ive been tracking the tornado activity over the states im fascinated by tornadoes just feel so sorry for the lives are lost and damage that is caused within the matter of minutes is devastating but it happens and is life

that freak storm ( one from the video footage) was crazy we got stuck in the middle of that came from no where me and 20 other cars from nissan silvia dot come cruise got stuck in it lucky we found abondoned garage in time hail was size of baseballs also when i met my ex fiance and also blew a turbo drove home with no turbine wheel what a pig lol was a bad day but the cruise before hand was unreal ill try and dig out all the photos from that

bradchip im moving back to qld near you in few months have to meet up love going on the chase following them around for footage,if your keen pm me

I'm getting a new camera soon... Just in time for QLD storm season... Can't wait!!! I love tropical storms

cool, if you wanna sell your old one ;) ill be interested pending what it is ineed a good camera, qld has great storms ill be moving the goldy area ill miss this season but ill be there for the following look forward to all your photos peeps of the storms :D

Here's one I took last year:

Attachments

• P3300292.jpg
    P3300292.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 70
I remember when i was in Darwin there was a really thick wall of like Black clouds comming towards us slowly it was awesome. LOVE STORMS!

Wow! Finally a storm thread! Great pic Brad.

We had the first storm of the season last week...and had hail here on wed...going to be a good season I think. I have my camera setup for lightning shots, love going out to some remote lookout trying to get that one shot. It happened 2 yrs ago...my favourite, taken over the Hawkesbury, Spectacle Island in the foreground...:)
Resize of spectacle island 003.jpg

Kelly

Never seen anything like that with your own two eyes? Come up to Darwin mate =P Nah that is pretty full on!

One I had (not from this year sorry)..

Cairns does get very stormy - but NOTHING compared to the SE Qld!

This one was taken from my back door step in Cairns.

2282634-4-christmas-storm-iii.jpg

Some nice shot here guys.
Here's a pic that I took in 2007. We could see it coming over the ocean pretty quick so grabbed out the camera and watched it come over.
I have a few more pics of this storm before it came overhead, but this one shows how low it was.
P1000459 - resized.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back