storrs finally look like breeding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richardsc

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
noticed my female storrs is packing on serious condition of late,and shes been exploring her nesting box frequently,normally my small monitors dont start this till august/september but they showed signs last season at this time but no results,my gillens and ridgeys layed and hatched in there usual ways,so maybe these guys like to start earlyer,havnt had this pair for to long,anyways havnt seen any mating behaviuor,but didnt with the ridgeys last season either.
usually the females will bulk up before mating begins so will keep an eye on them,anyways heres a couple of pics i took yesterday

1,there cage,2the female popping out of nest box again,3 the female again,note sandy nose and her bulk,her neck is huge,little fatty,4 the male watching her from the stack, 5 the male again basking just off the hot spot,which is at least 75 degrees

Attachments

• P1010169 (Small).JPG
    P1010169 (Small).JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 104
  • P1010187 (Small).JPG
    P1010187 (Small).JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 94
  • P1010188 (Small).JPG
    P1010188 (Small).JPG
    39 KB · Views: 118
  • P1010189 (Small).JPG
    P1010189 (Small).JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 86
  • P1010190 (Small).JPG
    P1010190 (Small).JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 77
nice storrs mate, hope they lay

Lookin good Richard, fingers crossed they lay for ya, she really is a little fatty!

Richard - She's a little monster, good luck mate...

hi chrisreptile,shes bulked up hey,thanks for selling them to me again,lol,hopefully she will finally lay,she nipped me a beauty again when i was checking her out,fiestly little lass she is,the male is so calm,will just sit on your hand

yes i have 1 gillens juvie left from last season,doing experiments on sex,so seeing if keeping 1 gillens and 1 ridgey hatchy by them selves from last season results in them being male,hopefully its not true what ive heard as i lost my female ridgey after laying her first clutch last season,so unless i find a replacement female soon,wont be breeding them for a while

heres my little gillens from last season,shouldnt be to long till they start mating again

Attachments

• P1010202 (Small).JPG
    P1010202 (Small).JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 61
i hope you go well with these little guys....& thankyou for al the support on my little accie Hope
it wont be forgotten

no probs dragon lady,hope hopes still going well,as an update, the storrs are still messing about ,no serious copulations that ive seen but its looking very promising,so will up date if anything comes of it

Haha, its been looking promising for quite a few months now lol.
Try giving her a squeeze richard lol.

Goodluck with them mate.

ok after watching this pr like a hawk since may,and watching the female making burrows galore,id almost given up on them again,but a few days ago she made a serious burrow,came out and did something different,she plugged the entrance,me being me naturally dug just incase she had layed,but nope,i destroyed her burrow for nothing,but it was getting dry in there so i re moistened the sand.

anyways went in to check on them today and low and behold,they were actually copulating,ive never seen them so calm,usually the male gives up as the female hides in the stack,but not today,they were up the cool end mating.

rushed back to the house to get the camera,but only got 1 pic before batteries died,grrrrr,but im sure ill get more chances to take some pics,ill post the one i took after work tonite,im on my break right now,and camera batteries are charging,lol

looks like they are finally going to give me some eggs,which is awsome,ill have to watch my gillens now,wont be long before they start there hanky panky either,never found a female ridgey to pr with either of my males so wont be breeding them this season,but stoors and gillens make up for that,ill keep you all posted

oh chris,you know what shes like,she would give me a nip for just holding her the fiesty bugger,for a small lizard im supprised at there biting strength,and the amount of blood they can cause,lol,cool little monitors though

Awesome richard, I've been waiting for a post like that for ages :)
Yeh, she'd always draw blood from me lol.

That setup you have going looks great and is heaps practical!

welld one on the breeding as well!

chris my thinking is they were still adjusting to moving to my place last season,perhaps that is why no eggs,my ridgeys didnt breed the firs season either and my gillens took 2 seasons to show any signs of mating,hoping to have a good season with these 2 species

thanks ben,the set up is rather basic,but its important to provide them the conditions they need,my gillens are kept exactly the same way,but have some branches to explore on,and the ridgies same as well,though 5x2x2 foot enclosure for them,not an aquarium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back