Strange Beardy Behaviour

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chilali

Reaction score
Hi Guys

My bearded dragon Ruski is 1 years old and ive noticed lately she isnt showing much interest in food.

She will eat salad (dusted with vites) and she eats mealworms no worries which i usually only give to her as a treat due to the fat on them.

Anyway she usually eats 2 -3 punnets of crickets per week to herself and lately shes lucky to get through one?

Her temps of the enclosure is hot end 35 - 38 degrees and the cool end 26 -30 degrees.

Has correct uv globes and also gets direct sunlight every 2nd day for 15 minutes.

Her fat storage in tail is good she seems healthy and happy?

I tried to offer her a pinky but she showed no interest at all in it.

What else can i do?

Keep up with the salads, 75% of their diet should be fruit & veg as they get older..
sounds like shes just sick of crickets! lol maybe try woodies? As long as she's eating something I wouldn't be worried :D

whilst she is still eating vegie dust them with calcium every few days to compensate for the calcium she would otherwise get from crickets.

as a beardy gets older they eat less crickets. i move mine on to woodies at the age of one. and try to stay there with the odd crickets here and there. but as older beardys go greens are the best for the majority of there diet. just remember variety is key to healthy beardys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back