Strange carpet????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I use to have one exactly the same as yours, this was a couple of years ago now. It was sold to me as a "Hypo Coastal Carpet Python"

If I can find the photo, I'll post it up.

And if it was a wild one? It's not I bought him off a breeder who reckoned it was a carpet python.have no idea how he came to that decision think he was goin off head shape.

Well this is one of the most bizarre things I have read on this forum. For someone who says they have experience with carpets, to have no idea how a breeder decided his hatchlings were carpets, is beyond comprehension.

That snake is just a completely normal coastal, maybe a bit of caramel/hypo/reduced pattern gene in there. It's not a normal coastal but by no means rare, they are very common in the hobby and I've found ones like that in the wild.

What did you think you were buying when you contacted this breeder?

When I contacted the breeder he told me that he wasn't around when his gravid snakes dropped another member of his family was who wasn't to bright so when he did get back had all these different types of hatches all in the one cage.so after a bit of sorting he reckoned he had them all sorted out just wasn't sure on a couple. And he was one of them.oh yea and no one likes a smartass

Sounds like at best he had multiple snakes in one enclosure and does not know which snake mated with which and then to make things worse left gravies females together to lay eggs at the same time. Not a breeder with experience I feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back