Strength training thread

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Weigh 102.5 and in the 105kg class.

Got the gold today!! woohoo.
Bench I got 110 (powerlifting benching has about a 2 second pause on the chest)
Squat I got 195kg (had more in me. Next time)
Deadlift I got 240kg (I did 250kg on the third attempt. Pretty easy too but moved my foot at lockout so was disqualified).

Ben good lifts!! How heavy are you? Also were they competition rules (ie full squat/bench)? Reason I ask is most people with a squat that huge deadlift 300ish.
squat: top of thigh must be below the knee at the bottom (very low)
Bench: Paused on the chest, feet flat on the floor and butt must stay on the bench.
If so that is awesome mate. If you are anything under Super heavyweight that is in Australian record sort of territory for squat and bench.

Last edited:
I was around 120-125kg when I did those big lifts all those years ago, so that would be heavyweight. No competitions, I was doing recreational lifting, nothing official. If I ever come across the guy who I was doing occasional training with I could get him to vouch for me. I didn't think my deadlifts were impressive, and my goal was 275kg, which I never got to because my back went on me during a failed squat at 230kg. To me the squat is by far the most dangerous exercise. With that kind of weight even a relatively small mistake can be very bad for the back, and I'm sure I made a few mistakes, especially once I got past the 200kg mark.

Today I weigh just under 100kg, so I'm not nearly as strong as I used to be, but I'm sure I could get some of it back if I went back into truly serious training...the only concern is my back, which I don't want to ruin, and I'm only 32 turning 33 so don't want to risk that sort of damage which will cause pain for the rest of my life.

Jebas I bench 50 and that's huge for me hahaha

Cheers Brenton

weights = injuries. I do the same thing twice a day- 150 calf lifts, 160 push ups, 50 chin ups, 100 suspended crunches, then 20 times up/down the beach steps in the morning or a half hour quick skips each night. Gotta have cardio to toss the sollys every sunday!

weights = injuries. I do the same thing twice a day- 150 calf lifts, 160 push ups, 50 chin ups, 100 suspended crunches, then 20 times up/down the beach steps in the morning or a half hour quick skips each night. Gotta have cardio to toss the sollys every sunday!

50 chin ups is huge is that at once. Do you find that you Tare your t shirts where you lats buldge out. Lol

Cheers Brenton

LOL how much do you eat in a day? Calories? I'd need about 3000 cals if I did that, but with weights I only need 2400.

Nah, 3 sets- 50x3C.L,40x3 P.U, 25,15,10 C.U, 50,30,20 S.C- step running/skipping is one block. I built up slowly from where I began up to where I am now, probly started off doing one third of what I do now.

Nah, 3 sets- 50x3C.L,40x3 P.U, 25,15,10 C.U, 50,30,20 S.C- step running/skipping is one block. I built up slowly from where I began up to where I am now, probly started off doing one third of what I do now.
Ime a big fan of the home exercises I try to do 5 sets of 50 pushups every 2nd day and chin ups pull ups and dips on the other days with a few sets of Hindu squats and crunches thrown in. Just hit twenty reps for my chin up sets and have never felt so strong cheers

I'm into the home exercise thing, we live on the 4th floor so every day I go down the stairs once and up them once.
Good leg work out. Sometimes I go down the stairs ( and up obviously to do extra exercise) and buy some smokes.

My weight lifting regime involves carrying a carton of stubbies up the stairs every 5 days.
My fat/ muscle ratio is I'm not fat but I can beat you guys in an arm wrestle, bring it on : )

I'm into the home exercise thing, we live on the 4th floor so every day I go down the stairs once and up them once.
Good leg work out. Sometimes I go down the stairs ( and up obviously to do extra exercise) and buy some smokes.

My weight lifting regime involves carrying a carton of stubbies up the stairs every 5 days.
My fat/ muscle ratio is I'm not fat but I can beat you guys in an arm wrestle, bring it on : )

That's a lie, you go up with a cartonn atleast every second day!

I wish Gordo! ha ha ha
Either way, next time I see you, an arm wrestle is on, start training mate I'm coming after you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back