Strophurus ciliaris enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Acrochordus

Reaction score
Hi, everyone i will be setting up an enclosure tomorrow for a pair of Northern Spiny Tailed Geckos (Strophurus ciliaris), i have the whole keeping side down packed i just need some inspiration, on setting up the enclosure, soo would people be able to post pic's of there tanks.
Thanks Tim.

Hi Mate,

Here are a couple of pics of my ciliaris enclosure, i had to remove the doors to get some clear pics of inside, they tend to get a bit messy with the glass. They particularly like the UV light. Hope this gives you some ideas. :)

Cheers,
Chris

Attachments

• P9260039.jpg
    P9260039.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 191
  • P9260041.jpg
    P9260041.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 174
  • P9260044.jpg
    P9260044.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 169
geck82, does it take long to clean the enclosure come cleaning time??

No it doesn`t take long, I remove the animals and branches, laying tubs etc. and soak them in F10 for half an hour (not the animals ;)), empty the substrate in the bin, soak the enclosure for half an hour with F10 then hose everything off and put it all back together again. It does take a whole day to do all the gecko and snake enclosures though.;)

I only feed mine crickets, I know some breeders that feed woodies but i have had bad experiences with them hiding all throughout the enclosures and my missus will put up with stray crickets but if woodies were to escape she would flip.

Hey Grunter, Yeah i just use a 60watt URS OZ Purple globe, It seems to work fine and gives off sufficient heat (they very rarely bask directly underneath it), they tend to bask directly underneath the compact UVB tube instead. Because of all the other animals i have in the room (i have pythons on the other side) the ambient temp in the room gets down to a minimum of 14°c in the middle of winter and up to around 34°c in the middle of summer. The globe blows occasionly as all light globes do but i get them at the right price so that doesn`t really bother me.

Cheers,
Chris

Last edited:
ok cool..I am hopefully getting some next year and want to get it setup right. Do you have the purple globe on 24/7 and the UVB on for about 10-12 hrs a day or do you turn the purple globe off of a night as well?

Correct, The heat stays on 24/7 but with the UV it varys depending on the time of the year anywhere from 6 hours a day to 14 hours a day, i dont think this is crucial for breeding but im just pedantic :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back