stumpy's being fussy

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikep

Reaction score
My shinglebacks ( 2) are becoming increasingly fussy eaters !!!!!!!!!!!
they only eat bannanaa thier fav which they would it eat to they explode, mince meat aswell and sometimes cat food. i can't get them to eat anything else !!!!!!!!!
and i have tried most things like repeat offers puttting it in their face so they can taste it mixing it with banann . I do add calcium and vitamin powders to there meals as i know that the food they like doesn't contain all the nutrients they need. any suggestions to get them wanting healthy stuff like peas and other fruits???
cheers

let them get a little hungry, dont feed them for a few days, then offer the less favourite foods.. if they are hungry they will eat it

mine will try and eat my fingers if they like the taste of something,..which is how i discovered tehir love for steamed cauliflower and mandarins!!

dont give them banana every day, and when u do mix it in with finely chopped greens, infact, i mix all their faves in with finely chopped greens and the greens get eaten too,....

shingles in the wild are 93% vego (found some study stating that), so go easy on the protien,...

the guy who bred mine suggested egtting ground up chicken carcasses (chicken pet mince frlom teh butcher?) cos they get more goodness out of that than plain mince

i only add extras/treats every second day, most days they just get finely chopped greens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back