Stupid Royal Python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SsserpentressS

Reaction score
My ball python is being stubborn! I have had problems feeding him the last two times. Mine all get fed everyother week on thursday. I have gotten smaller rats than he's used to and it has taken him FOREVER to eat them! whats wrong? Im majoring in Herpetology and i know that the rats aren't too big they aren't even as big around as he is! Im watching him now and he gets to about the front arms and yacks it up and tries again. what on earth is going on? should I try some mice next time? last time I had this problem, it took him almost two hours to get the thing down. He is just getting over a respiratory Infection as well. He bit me for the first time today too but im assuming that's because i may have smelled like food.
what should I do?

If he fails to consume the item this time I'd give it a few days then try again.Continue trying every 3-4 days.
It may also have a better chance of eating once fully recovered from its respitory infection.Don't be too concerned at this point as it is still only early days and it should start eating again as soon as it feels secure,healthy,hungry and content :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back