substrate for beardies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And as far as lighting goes, Jason, I gave Matt from Animal Attraction a phone call, he not only answered my questions, but did up my order and I had it in 2 days!!

P-S he suggested that the Oz Bright is PERFECT for dragon, it has UVA, and UVB and HEAT and LIGHT.... and you only need a timer (running the light between about 11am - 3pm) no thermostat needed! just lots of ventilation. - :-:-:- EASY

When I had a dragon *cue violins* I did similar to ScottBec's suggestion. Used newspaper on the floor then had a large ceramic baking tray full of reptile bark, or similar. Everybody was happy.

ive tried many diferent types of flooring, the cheapest real substrate i have found besides news paper was washed sand from the garden supplies. cost me $4 and that was enough to cover one 5ft by 2 ft floor and one 4ft by 2ft floor about 2 inches thick. as for marine carpet that would have to be the best. keeps your beardies clean and you dont have to keep buying it!
as for uv Oz Brights are the ducks guts! but for a cheaper alterative repti-sun 10.0 the energy efficant ones that zoo-med make

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back