Sugar gliders in Victoria

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffin

Reaction score
Hi there!
Im wondering if anyone could help me out in my quest to buy a sugar glider.
I have the appropriate license and know the basics about them BUT.. i don't know where to purchase any! I have searched for sugar glider breeders via the net and other sources but to no avail :(.

If anyone has some pointers or know anyone that could help me out here i would be very appreciative!

Thanks in advance. :D

They come up for sale from time to time on The HerpTrader.....I will send the advertiser a message and let him know you are looking.....

Cheers, Judy (aka HerpTrader)

maybe search for some marsupial forums. or scour the tradingpost as they come up from time to time. i found mine on there, very cheap too! i no longer have them tho as i moved overseas :( great little things to keep tho!

Yea im still searching the net haha not much luck just yet..
i'll check trading post aswell good idea :D

Not many around at the moment-I'm looking too. Only found a female albino sugar glider that was advertised a few weeks back but she was way out of my price bracket!!!

You said sugar glider singly but I've been told they can get depressed and self mutilate on their own as they are very social with their own species.

Sugar gliders are great to keep but I would recommend a pair. Remember though that if kept well they breed easily. We average 2 offspring from each female every year....no we do not sell them! Also remember that they require a good deal of space, they are cute little guys and we take great joy in keeping them as pets.

yea first of all dont get one :) there an animal that can self mutilate if they are alone, eg chewing off there tails litterally... puling out there fur etc
u can get them in vic, there are quite a few breeders but dont get them from the petshops (i noticed quite a few had them while i was there last!)
i would have thought there would be quite a few availible at the moment? have u tried the trading post? because i no some vic breeders advertise on there
i think the vic marsupial society website has a list of breeders?
anyway good luck and make sure u have done alot of reading and asked alot of questions because most people really dont realise what there getting themselfs into when they buy them
(i would never rely on the american or uk sites info jmo from what i have seen alot of the stuff on there is rubbish)

There are 8 for sale in the trading post right now in victoria, starting at $150 each....get pair

oh and u probably know this already but if u happen to get a male female from different people or ones that arnt together yet make sure u introduce them properly u cant just chuck them together because u could end up with dead or seriously injured gliders

I've got some for sale at the moment, they are male babies, not quite old enough yet to leave the parents, but you can lock them in now as yours if you get in quick! PM me for more details. I also have pics. :)

lol.. it's the same gentleman that posted above you moosenoose; Greg Cranston

We can also provide you with a few if Greg doesn't work out... I'll just hijack this Greg...

I've got some for sale at the moment, they are male babies, not quite old enough yet to leave the parents, but you can lock them in now as yours if you get in quick! PM me for more details. I also have pics. :)

:D ad 030-801 on The HerpTrader is Greg's ad, gorgeous photos of them too! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back