Suggestion

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

+Gecko~Gaze+

Reaction score
This is just a little suggestion I thought would be cool.

We have alot of people e.g Your truly, who are very new to herps and are eager to learn as much as we can. I thought we could have the experienced members ( only if they want) to give information on different types of reptiles, interesting facts, diets or anything herp related out each week or something. This would help understanding diseases or parasites properly, nutrition in the food your giving you herp or even looking after your pet properly.

Just an idea. What do you think?

Cheers :)

Hmmm....Ok, it thought we could have a thread or something for it. I cannot find alot of information on other sites though, this is the only site I have had any luck with :)

if u cant find the info you want on the net why not head on down to your local library and hire out a few books?? or even buy them if u got the $$

Hmm...Ok :) It wasnt just for me though, it was for all the new herpers here, but thanks anyway...Can anyone suggest some good books? :D

Thanks, mostly interested in disease books ( lol ) that have like the symptoms and stuff like that in it, and books on :

Beardies
Diamonds, coastals,jungles,centrailians and NT waters.

I may be gullable, but I'm not that bad RR! :) I know what the Kama sutra is....:p

what bout a care to australian reptiles by john weigle its good and it has a health section

Just ask what you need to know. Then wade though all the conficting information until you get an answer that you believe is correct or that you can implement. One of the problems of learning animal care is that there is not just one correct way to succesfully keep a particular animal.
Also learn to use the internet search engines, that is learn how to construct a search question.
And remenber, any information you get, be it via book or internet, should be taken with at least one grain of salt.

I reccomend this one to!!!

brendan_spencer said:
what bout a care to australian reptiles by john weigle its good and it has a health section

I bought it a coupla years ago, its broad, but it has heaps of info on heaps of different herps, enough to point you in the right direction... and its not american!!! so it has Australian examples and everything is in cm's and degrees celcius!!!!

I couldnt agrree more with fuscus, so much conflicting advice. I say just buy a book like brenden mentioned, just get the basics so there is horrible mistakes, and learn as you go along, there is nothing like "hands on" learning and probly most of the "herp veterins" learnt that way too! good luck mate! :D

Pythons "A Complete Owners Manual" by Bartlett and Wagner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back