Sunshine Coast Flooding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skelhorn

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Evening/Morning all

Who was affected by the floods today. post piks. I was unable to get my wrx out of the car park at work today, we were completely flooded in so we had to use the work utes to shuttle people home!

Intense Stuff.. Poor Cotton Tree Suffered Bad!

The pictures are from the Start of the rain, I didn't get any more but the water continued to rise for another 3-4 hours!

Attachments

• IMAG0155.jpg
    IMAG0155.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 206
  • IMAG0178.jpg
    IMAG0178.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 206
  • IMAG0172.jpg
    IMAG0172.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 210
  • IMAG0174.jpg
    IMAG0174.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 203
  • IMAG0168.jpg
    IMAG0168.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 199
did the car get damaged or was the car park higher up then the water level?

Its bad here - our driveway was an impassable set of rapids, the rat cave has flooded and the water from the rat cave has seeped into the lower story of the house. Still the rats are safe ( well - as safe as any animal awaiting the truck to market ) and more importantly - the captive snakes are safe. There are a couple of very small GTS in the backyard, time will tell!
It is a wake up call, I know I have to fix the drainage and am lucky it wasn't a cyclone.
However I wouldn't want to live in one of the newer estates built on the flood plains
And there is another lot of rain at Bundy heading our way
512 km composite Brisbane (Mt Stapylton) Radar Loop
Coast evacuation centres open | Sunshine Coast News | Local News in Sunshine Coast | Sunshine Coast Daily

Attachments

• DSC_7621_001.jpg
    DSC_7621_001.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 199
  • DSC_7628_008.jpg
    DSC_7628_008.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 191
  • DSC_7625_005.jpg
    DSC_7625_005.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 198
  • DSC_7630_010.jpg
    DSC_7630_010.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 207
Its bad here - our driveway was an impassable set of rapids, the rat cave has flooded and the water from the rat cave has seeped into the lower story of the house. Still the rats are safe ( well - as safe as any animal awaiting the truck to market ) and more importantly - the captive snakes are safe. There are a couple of very small GTS in the backyard, time will tell!
It is a wake up call, I know I have to fix the drainage and am lucky it wasn't a cyclone.
However I wouldn't want to live in one of the newer estates built on the flood plains
And there is another lot of rain at Bundy heading our way
512 km composite Brisbane (Mt Stapylton) Radar Loop
Coast evacuation centres open | Sunshine Coast News | Local News in Sunshine Coast | Sunshine Coast Daily
All I can say is WOW.....

Took my mum 2 hours to get from maroochydore to mooloolah. Took her friend 4.5 hours to get from the plaza to somewhere down the coast, I think caloundra. I lived there for 5 years and never saw it flood that way. Crazy stuff.

I was in Caloundra at about 5pm today, heaps of water on the road and steady heavy rain. The pellican waters roundabout had a foot of water on the south side of it. Out front of Jaycar was about the same, a foot deep. Water over the road between Landsborough and Beerwah too. A real pain in the pooper! Hope your scooby doo is ok, shame to ruin a nice wrx.... all the fords can get washed away, that would be ok.... hehehehehe

Good lord....you poor devils....you must be wondering if it'll ever end and winter is coming so I guess that means more rain in the months ahead.... has it ever been this bad before ???

I was in Caloundra at about 5pm today, heaps of water on the road and steady heavy rain. The pellican waters roundabout had a foot of water on the south side of it. Out front of Jaycar was about the same, a foot deep. Water over the road between Landsborough and Beerwah too. A real pain in the pooper! Hope your scooby doo is ok, shame to ruin a nice wrx.... all the fords can get washed away, that would be ok.... hehehehehe

Pain in the pooper alright! I had to try to hit the laundromat last night, there was a foot of water over the road out of the estate. My yard is a swamp and I'm running behind on deliveries due to this bloody rain. Been raining non stop all week, getting a bit tired of it!

Good lord....you poor devils....you must be wondering if it'll ever end and winter is coming so I guess that means more rain in the months ahead.... has it ever been this bad before ???
Wet autumn was forecast. If we don't get another drop of rain then the forecast would still render to true. 100% true.
Anyhow for the past 12 months the Sunny(sic) coast has dodged the worst of the weather, there has been floods to the north, floods to the south and floods to the west )The east is the pacific ocean so I suppose you can say floods to the east too). At 4pm yesterday our luck ran out

[video=youtube;GBGfbjmhzLk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBGfbjmhzLk&feature=player_embedded[/video]

And it is currently raining.

Hope everyone's OK. Peregian Springs has no flooding whatsoever, despite the fact its built on a marsh.

. I live off Nicklin way in warana Water was 120-130cm ..... I got video footage on my phone if anyone can post it up for me ..
I have never in 30 years seen anything like it in my life . I had 2 incs of water in my shed and rumpus not a good smell this morning ....but all the water has gone now so that's a good thing . All snakes , lizards and rodents alive but the dogs n cats were pissed and really wet but all good now .

did the car get damaged or was the car park higher up then the water level?

My Car was parked at work so she was fine :) But out on the street many people's car's were screwed!

Hahaha Yeah it was funny, I said to people at work alright I am leaving and they turned around and said..How high is your car. I replied 10cm, Nope your not leaving then lol We haev a foot of water in front of our work and then by 6pm we have 2 foot....Good times!

. I live off Nicklin way in warana Water was 120-130cm ..... I got video footage on my phone if anyone can post it up for me ..
I have never in 30 years seen anything like it in my life . I had 2 incs of water in my shed and rumpus not a good smell this morning ....but all the water has gone now so that's a good thing . All snakes , lizards and rodents alive but the dogs n cats were pissed and really wet but all good now .

I heard Nicklin way was over 1M. We had a friend who had to park his car and walk waist high through water for 1km tog et home...Poor Bastard!

just as long as you're all safe!
Yep -I'm safe - family safe - snakes safe - rodents um.. - and back on face book having a very enjoyable "discussion" with a (in)famous ex demonstrator

I just did the disaster tourist bit and had a drive around the worst areas. Most of the rain was near the sea and drained away quickly. In fact, except for a few extra cars broken down and the pumps working to drain underground car parks, it was very difficult to detect that a flood occurred

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back