Sup?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
David M here, but you can call me Duke.

I've always had a fascination for the less-mainstream animals that grace Australia.

In the past I've looked after my older brother's Eastern Long Neck Turtles and from that my love for reptiles/amphibians has fluorished.

I'm currently shopping around for a reptile for myself but can't decide.
I've wanted a scorpion, a turtle, a water dragon, various birds, but can't seem to find a suitable one for my lifestyle.

I'm a full-time uni student at UoW, Wollongong. I work mostly when I'm not studying and that has limited my funds and time for getting a reptile of my own.

MoreliaMatt, which I know from OCAU.com got me onto this site, although I remember coming across it once or twice finding average prices.
After Matt showing me how fun and easy Underwoodisaurus Milii are too keep I'm now in the market for one - or two if I save up enough money.

I'm a member of so many forums so I don't know how active I'll be here, at least until I get something lol.

That wraps it up I guess.

~Duke.

Welcome aboard Duke , nice intro mate , good to see another from the Gong .

Welcome aboard Duke , nice intro mate , good to see another from the Gong .
Hate to burst your bubble but I'm actually from the Sutherland Shire and now you'll probably olok down on me lol.

*EDIT* More on getting to know me:

I'm in my third eyar at UoW studying a Bachelor of Nanotechnology (Advanced) with Physics electives. At the end of this year I'll have a B Science (nanotechnology) at least lol.

I hope that when I finish my four years I'll get to work with the CSIRO, maybe at ANSTO which is only 10mins from where I live.
Either ANSTO or some post-grad work with the University in the Intelligent Polymer Research Institute (IPRI).

I'm trying to get some casual work in the scientific environment. I work at Kentucky Fried Chicken for the next two days until I start a new job at Subway (oh yeah! I'm moving up in the world!), or at a local club if the mongrels eventually get back to me (Just kidding <3).
But yeah, I'd like to work at a high school as a science lab technician/prep worker, preparing chemicals and pracs for the students. It'd be a good starter for someone with no formal science experience.

Last edited:
Welcome David to APS
We only look down on you if you lived above springwood your brother was your father and your uncle and everyone played banjo...lol

Hate to burst your bubble but I'm actually from the Sutherland Shire and now you'll probably olok down on me lol.

*EDIT* More on getting to know me:

I'm in my third eyar at UoW studying a Bachelor of Nanotechnology (Advanced) with Physics electives. At the end of this year I'll have a B Science (nanotechnology) at least lol.

I hope that when I finish my four years I'll get to work with the CSIRO, maybe at ANSTO which is only 10mins from where I live.
Either ANSTO or some post-grad work with the University in the Intelligent Polymer Research Institute (IPRI).

I'm trying to get some casual work in the scientific environment. I work at Kentucky Fried Chicken for the next two days until I start a new job at Subway (oh yeah! I'm moving up in the world!), or at a local club if the mongrels eventually get back to me (Just kidding <3).
But yeah, I'd like to work at a high school as a science lab technician/prep worker, preparing chemicals and pracs for the students. It'd be a good starter for someone with no formal science experience.

Well ..... now that i know your from sutho , i shall cease any further conversations with you ...it was nice to know to get to know for that short period ,but ...........
:D :D :D :D :D :D
I got to say that's one of the longest ( and best ) intro's i've read on here ...most people don't string more than 5 words together :D .
Once again welcome aboard .

Welcome Duke!

I'm from the gong too but my hubby (who used to drive one of those darn coal trucks up & down the mountain) and I got smart and moved to QLD!!! It's alot warmer here!! :D
We go back for holidays tho!!

Welcome Duke!

I'm from the gong too but my hubby (who used to drive one of those darn coal trucks up & down the mountain) and I got smart and moved to QLD!!! It's alot warmer here!! :D
We go back for holidays tho!!

I got another rock crack in my windscreen from a coal truck last year , wasn't your husband was it :D :D .
I have lived here for 35 years and nearly every one i know has left for QLD , sounds good up there but im just to lazy to move

I got another rock crack in my windscreen from a coal truck last year , wasn't your husband was it :D :D .
I have lived here for 35 years and nearly every one i know has left for QLD , sounds good up there but im just to lazy to move

I hope not... hehe!! He worked for Heggies for 18yrs and my family had moved up to Maroochydore so we decided it was time to make the move!
There are so many people here from NSW/VIC it's actually hard to meet a "local"!!!! But it's amazing and we love it here in Beerwah, so rural and quiet (except when something major happens at the zoo)!!

Oops sorry I just realised I ambushed this thread!!!! :oops:

Do you, or anyone else residing in the Shire know of a dragon/other breeder by the name of Jenny? That's all the info I have, plus a phone number.
I got it off a friend who's son has water dragons.

*EDIT* I think it's the same user by the name of (yep you guessed it) Jenny lol.
If you see this post Jenny, cause I don't want to bother you with a useless PM, do you know of a Jeanette who's son has dragons?
I'm interested in what you have to offer.

Last edited:
David M here, but you can call me Duke.

I've always had a fascination for the less-mainstream animals that grace Australia.

In the past I've looked after my older brother's Eastern Long Neck Turtles and from that my love for reptiles/amphibians has fluorished.

I'm currently shopping around for a reptile for myself but can't decide.
I've wanted a scorpion, a turtle, a water dragon, various birds, but can't seem to find a suitable one for my lifestyle.

I'm a full-time uni student at UoW, Wollongong. I work mostly when I'm not studying and that has limited my funds and time for getting a reptile of my own.

MoreliaMatt, which I know from OCAU.com got me onto this site, although I remember coming across it once or twice finding average prices.
After Matt showing me how fun and easy Underwoodisaurus Milii are too keep I'm now in the market for one - or two if I save up enough money.

I'm a member of so many forums so I don't know how active I'll be here, at least until I get something lol.

That wraps it up I guess.

~Duke.

Welcome mate

I keep turtles matem if you ever need to have any questions answered feel free to pim me

i'm the resident scorpion nut:D:D if you have any questions feel free 2 pm me. They are low maintenance so would be great for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back