Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BROWNS

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just over a week ago a mate of mine who works for a tree lopping service dug up some eggs that he said were reptile eggs as he damaged one when digging and a snake came out wriggling round and not well so he cut it's pain short.Anyway he thought well they're not going to be any good or hatch if i just leave them so he brought 5 eggs round to my place.I asked what the supposed snake looked like and he said it happened pretty quick but definitely had a pattern so i though at least he hasn't bought me bloody taipan eggs :lol:

Anyway i made a quick makeshift incubator and 4 of the 5 eggs hatched.They were little skinks but quite large straight from the egg.Here's a pic of one sticking his nose out and one after he broke loose.Can't be bothered getting books out now to see exactly what type of skink it is"just a garden skink to me" although quite a pretty little thing.Anyone know what skink this is?

I let them all go and fend for themselves as if they hatched in the wild and maybe saved a few skinks plus it was good fun watching them hatch.By the way i have no idea on the legalities of something like this and in this case couldn't give a stuff as i know i saved a few reptiles from otherwise certain death..Enjoy the pics

2005_01210049_001.jpg

2005_01210050_001.jpg

:D Good on ya browny, i reckon they might be Ctenotus eutaenius but looking through coggers theres so many.Like years ago they were spenomorphus lesuerii or something like that :lol: matey the old dudes stumped might be Ctenotus brownsi :lol:

On ya Browny, good karma comin your way mate.

common eastern water-skink (eulamprus quoyii) or possibly a robust ctenotus (ctenotus robustus) hard to tell been so young but more than likely eastern water. what terrain were thay found in?

I'll go with the C Brownsi,sounds good to me olddude :lol:

On ya Browny, good karma comin your way mate
Yeah Parko you got it!It's already begun :wink:
what terrain were thay found in?
Found in a nursery so no specific terrain just Nth Qld Whitsundays.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back