Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally..a bite worthy of a photo, it must have realy crunched you lol
how long is your olive and how long did it hang on for?
would love to have been a fly on the wall when it happened..

ssssnakeman said:
Finally..a bite worthy of a photo, it must have realy crunched you lol
how long is your olive and how long did it hang on for?
would love to have been a fly on the wall when it happened..

10 - 11ft. Wrapped me up and had to jump in a cold shower with her so she would let go, maybe only five minutes.

hmmmmmm ....................fully clothed, dripping wet and shivering due to the freezing cold water....... with a disappointed olive also half drowned would have been worth a photo in itself ..................sorry it is the sadist coming out in me

A question olive. When the olive wrapped you up did it immobilise you like pinning an arm to your body or the such?

doesnt feel to great does it olive?? had my olive wrap me up twice last year. but she let me go luckily after thirty seconds.

Guys - Is this behaviour typical of big Olives?
My boy's only about 4 foot atm, but growing.

Can anyone elaborate on how these feeding accidents occur?
Olivehydra - I assume you didn't have rats running up your arm at the time - why did he hit you there?
Ricko - what about in your case?

Thanks guys - forewarned is forearmed!

First time i distrubed her while she was asleep i assume and she just grabbed me and wrapped me up on my arm. i have shots of the hand after the bite but its on my other comp. then the next time i was showing someone how gentle snakes are and i chose her who is generally very friendly and she came up one arm towards the other then stopped very close to my hand and i said to the other people to be ready as she was gonna bite me and they laughed thinking i was joking well she bit me and this time it hurt because the first time i had had a few bourbons to say the least. but otherwise they were some of my friendliest snakes that i owned back when i was keeping a fair bit more than now. hope that answers it for you.

will also add i think they are alot more intelligent or alot more alert than carpets are. would keep them again but not for a fair while. having fun with the few animals i have.

Cheers for that Ricko.
Gotta say I'm partial to the Olives as well.
My boy is a psycho in his enclosure, but a pussycat when he's out (famous last words :wink: )

Did you find your Olives were prone to overeating?
My boy is taking a "now I'm old enough to run around by myself" rat every 5 days. I'm happy to feed him, but I don't want to end up with a massive, pin-headed Olive, (although I guess the bites wouldn't hurt as much!)

What do you keep now, if you're happy to share?

Cheers.

just a few carpets and beardies nothing special. have alot more responsibility's nowadays than i did when i had a bigger collection. but im looking at getting back into the swing of things with maybe womas or something but not in any hurry. i fed both my olives rabbits and they would always take a second if offered. got to remember they are an oppertunistic feeding animal so they eat what they can when they can. you will enjoy keeping olives always on ya toes around them lol got any pics of your olive mate?

looks very nice mate im sure your gonna have a lot of fun with him in the future. got any plans for a partner for him?

Thanks guys.
Yeah, my breeding project will start next Winter & Astaroth will be scoring a hottie girlfriend with no morals! (just the way his owner likes 'em :twisted: )

Funnily enough, he discovered swimming yesterday!
His water bowl/pool has now been supersized!

Looks like Charles Manson to me, but my wife thinks it's more like santa, but I think the colour has got to her...

Jamie.

thats alot of bruising! did ya pull many teeth out?
I had my 7foot water python on arm like that, didnt have any metho to spray in her face so had to hold her under water till she let go ,
got about half a dozen teeth out, if you dont get them out you end up with nice infection...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back