SW Carpet Python enclosure size?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blazey

Reaction score
Just wondering what size enclosure would be suitable for south western carpet python once its fully grown? Anyone able to give me some dimensions?

Cheers

Hey,

Just wondering what kind of lights people have for their SWCP enclosures. My snake at the moment has a heat mat and a heat lamp, but as of yet I have not put any lights on the enclosure as I have natural northern light in the room that he is kept in and then a normal room light in the evening. Is this ok?

I didn't want to get a UV light as I am told that they don't need it as they are usually nocturnal in the wild and I like to keep the natural day/night cycle.

Should I put a light source over the enclosure for the evening or is natural lighting ok?

Last edited:
Depends on where they come from. Some pops max out at 1.5m and others at 3m. I keep most of mine in 1200x 450x 600 boxes.

I'm close to needing a new box for mine and i'm planning on going H1200 x D600 x W800 or something similar.

i got mine in a 900x600x650 running ceramic and natural globe. the left globe is a red viewing globe
_MG_3185.jpg
[/IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back