swimming pool for ewd.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

theduclos

Reaction score
hey all, my ewd is now about 15 months at a guess and is getting a little too big for his current viv so i am planning the build of his next one. the plans are to make the enclosure area 1300mm Long X 1000mm High and 700mm Deep. the plan is to give him lots of space to climb and spread himself out. Will this be large enough for a fully grown ewd, i can make it longer and higher, just need to make sure it will be large enough for him.

my plan put in a small fishtank for him to swim in, something like those 2foot standard size rectangular tanks, the plan is to reccess the pool so that he wont need to climb into it. i want to run a fishtank setup so i can have filters in it, to help clean out his poo etc. and if i find the right setup i can also make it to drain for me aswell. my only worries is that he wont be able to climb out of it. his current swimming pool is only about 60mm deep, which is fine for now as he can totally cover himself in water. but im thinking a pool around 200mm deep. can they swim out of these or do i need to have a step like thing built around the side to help him climb out?

now that im about to go second year in my apprenticeship i have learnt all the little electrical tricks i didnt know when i built my current one. i have big plans for this one. it should keep the little bugger happy for a long time to come.

For their water i would reccomend either a large pond with a filter or smaller plastic tubs up to about 50 litre that can be tipped out every few days and filled with clean water.

i think an adult would be able to climb out of it with ease. if in doubt, put a rough edge around it so it can grip onto something to pull itself out.

do u know what sex the water dragon is? if its female it should be fine with that size, but a big male will need something larger i;d go atleast a 6ft long for a male, my males is just under 3ft in length and he's in a 3 x 2 x 2 aviary roughly with 2 females

do u know what sex the water dragon is? if its female it should be fine with that size, but a big male will need something larger i;d go atleast a 6ft long for a male, my males is just under 3ft in length and he's in a 3 x 2 x 2 aviary roughly with 2 females

a 3ft male in a 3x2x2 with 2 females squeezed in there aswell????

hope so!! just funny how hes talking in feet then puts that in metres????

A small fiberglass pond may be an option with pond filtration system, a water pump in the actual pond and the filtration until externally to the enclolsure, aesthically would be better than a tank (personal opinion) and you could add waterfalls, fountain pumps etc will be easy for lizard to get in and out as sides are rough. Filtration will cost around $200 + and about the $100+ for pond, may even be cheaper filtration options available.
A Branch overhanging the fish tank may offer a option to climb out on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back