Taipan bite in TinCan Bay ?.....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen one big one(around the 3m mark) on my property just of Splityard Creek rd,,(Crossdale) & our neighbour got bit by one aswell,,, Confirmed @ the hospital... He spent a month in the hospital. But yes thay do make it down a fair way.

a 3meter tai would be very impressive, dont suppose you got some photos

Use a shovel and don't turn your back?:lol:

lol the general public down here has wised up and now shoot snakes on sight no chance of being bitte. another thing those without guns do is use thin weighted cheese cutting wire and whip them. stuff the saying neccesity is the mother of invention more like ignorance in this case.

M.Punja......I wish i did....I actually came across him whilst deer hunting. Funny all this talk of guns,, rest assured i left that one alone,,, It was an unsually hot March day & right in the heat of the day.. He was full of battle wounds but still looked strong.

A three metre Taipan would be a record setter, biggest one every was about 6 inches shy of that, but they do get big. I know of a 2.1 metre live on from Laceys Creek and a 4 foot long one from Fernvale...I posted photo's of both several months ago.

lol the general public down here has wised up and now shoot snakes on sight no chance of being bitten.

I'd hardly call a situation in which people shoot snakes on sight 'wised up.'

The gun-toting, red-neck approach is painfully ignorant... :x

Jonno,,, I never captured him & measured him.. But it was BY FAR the largest elapid i have ever seen(in capt or wild).. I am 1.9m tall & it really would have dwarfed me buy a long shot.. My neighbour(the one who was bitten) says he has seen them of that size aswell,, Weather it is the same one,, dont know.. He is about 1km from us.... Do they have that sort of range?? You would probably know that one better than me... I would imaging they would.

Old thread, but I can't find Jonno's pics of the wild tai's. I'm looking for wild pics, if anyone has any?

I know it's not a taipan etc,but my son's best friend (12yrs) was repeatably bitten by a 5ft brown snake,lucky for young daniel it struck his trackpants 4 times and not the young fella.you could see very distinct fang marks.and the weird thing was that it kept coming into the yard towards the littlies playing out front on the lawn.it was very aggresive and we had to unfortunatly destroy it.if if had slithered away all would have been good,but it was stalking the little kids.

[sookie;1939485QUOTE=]if if had slithered away all would have been good,but it was stalking the little kids.[/QUOTE]

A creepy stalker EB, that's new!

They only said that from the fangs it appears to be a juvie, and confirmed to be a Taipan from the venom.

She's lucky in 2 ways. 1, shes ok, and 2, she saw a Taipan up there!

We had two confirmed dog envenomations from Caloundra/Pelican waters in the last 6 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back