Tarbles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trav10

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the visual difference between a tarble and an orange marble? I’ve never seen a tarble. I think I understand the genetics with tarbles being both double recessive marble and double recessive t+ so visual for both, but what does that actually look like? And how does it differ to look at from a light orange marble?

T+ alters colours. It does the same thing to colours in a marble that it does in any other morph; basically, it makes it lighter and changes the tone a little in some cases.

T+ doesn't change the pattern, so a tarble has the exact same pattern it would if it was a straight marble, the same amount of peppering etc, but the darker pattern elements are significantly altered in colour. The background colour is not as effected.

Thanks everyone for those replies. That certainly explains the differences but I imagine I’ll need to see them side by side to know which is which. Look forward to seeing a tarble at some point.

Back