Tawny!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BROWNS

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just went to catch a couple of house geckoes to use their tails to scent a few pinkies and this little Tawny Frogmouth just swooped right in and landed on my metre box.Beautiful bird i must say...hope you enjoy the pics guys!!

2005_0315tawny0139.jpg

2005_0315tawny0143.jpg

2005_0315tawny0130.jpg

Tawny!!!!

:D Thats a top picture that browns,really cool looking bird mate :D

RE: Tawny!!!!

What a site, must have given you a bit of a shock.

Great pics Browns. Probably hoping for a free gecko snack from you. I raised one of these guys as a kid, found it fallen from it's nest. I remember it would land on my head from it's perch in our laundry. Awesome birds to see up close.

Wait till they learn that bugs come when they trigger the sensor lights :)

Yep they certainly are beautiful birds,he or she hung around for hours and i do have a sensor light but it was well before dark when i spotted him.Thanks for the comments on the pics guys,i'm starting to get the hang of my new digi cam...

Here's one more pic....you gotta love those eyes!!!
frogmouth.jpg

Nice pics Browns but don't know why you posted them as they look nothing like Jungle Pythons

Took this pic 5 mins ago just for you afrodude...you like?You have some jungles don't ya mate?How about a couple of pics....hey,hey...

2005_0315palmerstonfem0133.jpg

Nice bird Browns. I have done a few WIRES rescues with these guys and I love them. Unfortunately down here they are suffering a nuerological problem. Most are going to be tested when they show certain signs. Poor things.

Unfortunately down here they are suffering a nuerological problem
This is with all the tawnys down your way in the wild?Sounds very sad,do they know what's causing the problem?

i raised a few babies through wires - they look like little grey pom poms :) very cute.

lucky browns, when can i visit 8)

Nice bird Browns. I have done a few WIRES rescues with these guys and I love them. Unfortunately down here they are suffering a nuerological problem. Most are going to be tested when they show certain signs. Poor things.
Hugsta, this include screaming fits, convulsion and death? Apart from this neuro disease they can actually store toxins from their food in their body fat > times get tough they start to absorb the fat and poison themselves.

Below- young Fluff and Hootie his mentor, Fluff is just learning to "be a stick"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back