Teenager Ryan Cole bitten

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at the state of them in that photo, you would think the snake would have better taste.

You got that right boa...its amazing the snake didnt die

Lol Fuscus, I just opened an email not 1 minute ago saying exactly the same thing as you.....a litre?

Hmmmm

I wonder what will happen when blood starts pumping around his anti-venom stream....

The guy who made the comment (his father) is a plumber - a plumber knows a litre when he sees one!

Well hopefully hes alright...
Lucky he had a friend around that could at least help.
I'm thinking after two bouts of envenomation and antivenene he might not be completely alrgiht. That stuff plays hell with your insides.... There's one teenager who won't be a big drinker.

Edit: Whoops sorry I stand corrected (teach me to skim read :oops: ). One bout of envenomation and antivenene. Still wouldn't be a fun recovery though, poor bugger.

Last edited:
He musn't have noticed the bite at first to have that kind of a reaction. He's a very very lucky boy indeed.

Not that there are many taipan bites, but I thought three days in intensive care would be fairly normal for such a bite?

Good looking Aussie kids!! :? 8) I've nick-named this breed of teenager...the MAV! Dopey, slow and at most times drunk! Someone somewhere has be a candidate for liver failure, at least this group manages to highlight it by wearing the appropriate warning colours ;)

Good looking Aussie kids!! :? 8) I've nick-named this breed of teenager...the MAV! Dopey, slow and at most times drunk! Someone somewhere has be a candidate for liver failure, at least this group manages to highlight it by wearing the appropriate warning colours ;)

:lol: haha

Not that there are many taipan bites, but I thought three days in intensive care would be fairly normal for such a bite?

I'm not sure if your comment was a response to mine or not but what i was commenting on is that he had already begun severe reaction before he got help (bleeding etc) it takes a while for that kinda thing to start happening. I also don't know that three days in ICU is that normal, certainly the first 24 hours for just about any envenomation from a potentially deadly snake but three days is a very long time, but i don't know maybe someone else can tell us for sure.

its great that the mates helped him out ,cause we all know it couldve ended in a tragic situation ,especially where they were....hats off to the boys fast acting ,which no doubt saved his life ..as far as the reaction he was swimming hence using up alot of energy spreading the venom alot quicker , he made a comment that he thought he was bitten by something, but wasnt quiet sure ,as there wasnt much pain involved at first ,so he swam around a bit ..then afterwards it hit him ..not as soon as he was bitten....the boys look like a typical bunch of teens to me ,they all have their teeth and none are named DARRYL........:lol::lol::lol:

Lucky bloke. I use to live at gayndah and didnt we see some snakes. One christmas we had 3 snakes go under the table in the bbq area whilst have chrissy lunch. And i dont know how many times i've had snakes stand up to me. But very unlucky to be bitten 4 times. I cant belive how negative people have been to this. For all you older ones look back on your past and have alook what you were like and what you were wearing! The only thing different between Gen Y and you guys is there is hardcore drugs out there and cloths. Kids where still out getting drunk and staying out 30 years or more ago.

" "It was just terrible, his eyes were open but no one was home," Mr Cole said."
Good to see he back to normal, bitten twice 'accidentally' is very 'unlucky'.
I grew up on a farm where eastern browns, red bellied black snakes were relatively common, I managed never to get bitten and i was often out looking for them, not to catch or kill or torment but to admire and observe them doing what snakes do.
In the bush you learn to from a young age boots and long pants, just another case of 'it wont happen to me, again'.
Snakes are not naturally agressive as you all know and the animal(s) that 'attacked' him must of felt threatened, i doubt it was out hunting human.
Well done to the kids for knowing the proper first aid and i do hope he makes a full recovery but i also hope that now he may take proper precautions in snake habitat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back