temperatures for womas (cooling)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snake101

Reaction score
does this sound about right for womas hours on/hours off

January heat 12/12
Febuary heat 12/12
March heat 12/12
April heat 10/14
May heat 8/16
June heat 4/20
July heat 6/18
August ( heat gradualy raised back up)

I am goin to try breed them next year. could someone with experience please pm me or post back on here..
Thanks a heap
Tyrone

got it and read it about 5 times over. asking if that cooling method sounds about right? not what books to buy but thanks anyway.

asking for people with experience with womas to give me some of there advise or helpfull tips on cooling. thats the method i was going to use.. would this method be ok?

Last edited:
Tyrone...Womas are native to central/inland Aust.the sun shines alot more than those hours you are going to use, in fact a good way to end up with some nasties (ri). l personally believe 10 hours should be a minimum, l have been breeding womas for 10+ years and they breed every year and the least mine get in May-July is 12/12 heat/cold and l regularly get clutches into the double figures....Aug-Dec 24/7 heat.....with Womas and BHP's l believe all your homework is done between Spring Equinox and Easter then the rest will fall into place.
........solar 17(Baden)

this year i am breeding. had heat 24/7 up till april, then had it 32 for the day and 26 and night. then may june july had all the heat off completly with ambient tempp in the room being 24 during the day and 14 at night. now I am turining the heat back on in mid august during the day to 27 and slowly working it back up. I just look at the temperatures of the area for that month they are from and replicate it. I live in hedland and I am breeding womas from here so it is pretty easy for me.

thanks for the good advise wont drop the temp below the 10 hour mark then, dont want anything bad happening to my beautys..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back